**Official Clevo P65xHS(-G), P65xHPx(-G) / Sager NP8155, NP8156, NP8157 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by k0nane, Feb 6, 2017.

1. k0nane

k0nane Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    NOTE: I'll do my best to keep this OP updated with useful links as much as I can. If I seem to miss any please mention me.

Otherwise identical to the previous-gen P65xRx(-G) models, this generation comes with the refreshed Kaby Lake series of CPUs, including the i7-7700HQ and i7-7820HK. These are the 15" models.

Useful Links

Reviews

Drivers/Utilities
    Reference
    • (service manuals coming soon)
    Tips/Tricks
    • Clevo Control Center: to install without XTU (and avoid bugs), change SupportXTUFanTable=1 to SupportXTUFanTable=0 in oem.ini, or use OBSIDIAN TOOL above, which has safely pre-configured CCC

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  2. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    Haha, not gonna lie I'm surprised to see you start this thread. Probably should have been me or another big user in the P650RS thread.

(Did you check with the mods when naming it official btw? Most start out unofficial until then)

Anyway besides your screen issues how do you feel about the laptop otherwise? Do you like the rest of it?

3. k0nane

Reputations:
    Just filled a void I noticed! I guess I didn't realize I had to get approval for it to be official, if there's no other thread for it.

You have the second post anyway, if I need to I'll just point down at you! (Or the mods can ditch this thread altogether.)

Can't say until I get the new HS-G unit. ;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  4. tlprtr19

tlprtr19 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Would welcome moderators to quickly make this thread official. I have updated my rig with P650HS-G/ NP8157 as well and I know couple of users too. Im still testing and benchmarking so I cant give numbers yet. But if anyone is interested they can ask me regarding build, aesthetics, software, temps etc (general info). Would be happy to answer.

For starters,
    HS series is similar to RS series build. Only difference being Kabylake (7700HQ) instead of Skylake (6700HQ). I have used both and I have not seen much difference in real-world gameplay performance wise.

5. Trewhela

Trewhela Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    And in term of temps ??

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

6. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Currently testing without CPU undervolt. Will post all temps once I do that. I have low temps that I might attribute to IC diamond/ good paste job. G-sync/Fast-sync enabled with high fan RPM. So far:

1. Ambient temp: Room (21C)
    Laptop mode: Hybrid mode

IDLE
    CPU: 45C
    GPU: 40C

Light desktop tasks
    CPU: 50C
    GPU: 40C

Gaming 1080p High 5h
    CPU: 75C
    GPU: 68C

2. Ambient temp: Room (15C)
    Laptop mode: Hybrid mode

Gaming 1080p High 5h
    CPU: 62C
    GPU: 55C

7. k0nane

Reputations:
    This seems a few degrees high to me, compared to my RS. I'll be interested to see what your post-ThrottleStop temps are, and how low you can stably undervolt. Do you typically undervolt the iGPU too, or just the cores + cache?

Gaming highs look pretty nice really.

Phoenix likes this.
  8. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Yes. Watching 4k video content is fine. However if I run many programs along with browsing, fans start spinning fast and CPU temps are always in their 50s (high according to me). Idk the reason - never cared about it much after looking at gaming temps (If you have any suggestions to decrease those temps let me know). As I stated, these temps are without undervolt. Several forums have mentioned a stable undervolt until -130 mV is permissible for 7700HQ. Will do it in the future for core+cache only, and compare/post here. Hope that helps.

k0nane likes this.
  9. tyrannosaurus_rex

tyrannosaurus_rex Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Would picking an SSD over the HDD reduce the weight of the laptop? Noticeably?

10. tlprtr19

Reputations:
    Technically yes. Not much overall that you would immediately feel. I have to say the 8157 is light as a feather for what beast it is underneath. Highly portable for classrooms and fits in the 15.6" compartment in my backpack.

Mine has a M.2 SSD for OS boot and 1TB HDD for storage.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tyrannosaurus_rex likes this.