*** Official Clevo P650RG, P650RE3, P650RE6/Sager NP8658 and NP8657 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by moviemarketing, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Single channel often gets the job done if you are not using the iGPU and getting a single 16GB stick will hold more value and offer larger capacities in the future. It's not necessarily cut and dry for everyone.

2. Nintendam

Nintendam Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    are you using an external monitor?

I had the same fan problem, my GPU temps would go way up to 80-90c, but using only my laptop display the auto fan would control it better. Right now the only thing I can do is blast the fans on max which stinks, not ideal...!

did you find any solution? a better fan control?

3. Anton2k4

Anton2k4 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    unfortunately no. i tried playing around with the clevo control center and still no dice. it affects me even when using the laptop's own display

4. PepeWutte

PepeWutte Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi guys, got another problem. For maybe a month now, I have sticky keys in games which is very annoying. When I stop holding a WASD key I keep moving. I tried reinstalling the keyboard driver but it didn't change anything. Has anyone had this issue before and how do I fix it?

5. Galm

Galm "Stand By, We're Analyzing The Situation!"

Reputations:
    If your not using the igpu dual channels benefits are dubious at best. From what I've seen sli will benefit from it, but one dgpu has just about no impact from dual channel, single channel, or even clockspeed for in game fps.

6. anmatheextreme

anmatheextreme Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Going from one DIMM and single channel to 2 identical 1600MHz DIMMs and dual channel, CPU performance was not increased to a noticeable level but iGPU performance almost doubled. With a 4K screen the iGPU is starving for memory bandwidth and with single channel RAM performance was horrible in Windows and browsers, and even certain old games that could easily ran at 4K resolution with the 970M but the iGPU just couldn't load the frames from the buffer quick enough and they were unplayable. Now with dual channel configuration everything runs flawlessly as it should.

7. Reu T

Reu T Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know how to watch an online 1080p movie smoothly? I mean it still feels like a little bit delayed and lag. I'm not sure I'm using the intel gpu or the 970m and how to switch between them

8. anmatheextreme

Reputations:
    On Windows 10 with a 1080p display, even with the iGPU it shouldn't lag at all. If you have a 4k display and dual channel memory, it normally shouldn't lag but you can easily switch to the 970M for your preferred browser. To do that, you need to go to the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D settings and under Program settings, select your browser and then select the NVIDIA GPU as the preferred graphics processor.

9. Reu T

Reu T Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I tried and it still appears to be a little bit lag or delayed, it's just like you are playing a game with 60fps then it drops to 20-30 for a second.
    Furthermore, any suggestion to enable the sound blaster x-fi on sager 8657-s? Whenever I plug in my headset, it doesn't work

10. anmatheextreme

Reputations:
    For the headphone jack to work properly, you need to have Clevo Control Center installed. Without it, the headphone jack doesn't come back to function after sleep and hibernate. There is an alternative fix that I have done by taking a couple of files from the CCC app responsible for waking up the headphone jack and making them run every time the PC wakes up but it's a bit complicated.

BTW, what browser do you use for videos? Have you tried anything else? I have found that Edge is the best when it comes to videos and is the least resource heavy browser I have tried so far.

As I mentioned before, the only time I had a ton of lag and stuttering when watching videos was when I had only one DIMM of ram installed on the PC and it was working on single channel. After adding one more DIMM all problems disappeared in my case but if you already have 2 RAM sticks installed then your issue is completely different than mine.

Reu T likes this.