*** Official Clevo P640RE/Sager NP8640 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NordicRaven, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. relobe

relobe Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Speaking as a software developer and data analyst, these are also my dream specs. Plus a bigger battery. But the P640RE/F is near perfect. My main annoyance is with the lid -- it can't be opened more than about 135°.

2. p640re

p640re Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Same ****, bro's. I need lots of RAM for my work and a compact size laptop but nothing suitable on the market except 640RE. I dont need the Nvidia GPU so to lower the temperature and to prolong the battery life I have to use the buggy software (bbswitch) which sometimes freezes the system. I've got the beta version of BIOS mod from Prema but disabling the GPU does not work yet.
    My dream is 13.3-14.1 inch laptop with 32 or more GB RAM, single Intel GPU, matte screen, backlit keyboard, and separated touchpad buttons (not on the touch surface as on those hipster ultrabooks). If you happen to find something like this - ping me :)

3. Prototime

Prototime Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @Meaker@Sager I really don't like harassing folks for news, and I apologize for asking... but is there any light, at all, that can be shed on whether Clevo is planning on releasing 14" laptop with a Pascal GPU? The MSI GS43VR is out, we know Razer is coming out with a 14" refresh soon, and then there's a 13.9" Aurous... but everyone on these forums has convinced me that Clevo is the brand to beat, and I have been very impressed with what I've seen from them, so I may hold out a little while longer if a new 14" Clevo is incoming relatively soon. Otherwise, I may have to pick up the GS43VR. :confused: Thanks for anything you might be able to share.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    As soon as I have something to share I will.

Prototime likes this.
  5. Paull

Paull Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As far as some speculation goes, I guess we'll get a 1050/1050ti on a p640re replacement, take it with a pinch of salt though

6. sisqo_uk

sisqo_uk Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ditto. I wanted to try both gs40 and p640re. Went to buy a cheap gs40 nearly new that went. Then bought a p640re and cancelled the order (besides it would of been the 3rd time I owned a 970m so that helped to say no as well as no hdmi 2.0)
    I've always wanted to get a blade 14 and aorus x3 but they have been way to pricey.
    I'll see what their prices will be soon.
    For now, fortunately the laptops are not on sale here. St least not from what I've seen. So I ain't gotta make that decision yet to bite the bullet
    Rather you than me, I need that extra time to think lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prototime likes this.
  7. muhammad mirsha

muhammad mirsha Newbie

Reputations:
    someone know where to buy battery for this clevo p640re? just in case if somewhat my battery wear off

8. dpl

dpl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Already got mine, has been using it for the last three days. Only problem is battery life, mine especially low.

I've been reading review and people reported for at least around 2 hours on normal non gaming use such as browsing, movie watching and such.

I've used the laptop in a 2 hour lecture today, using it for browsing, and taking notes using evernote, it barely last 1.5 hour, this is using 40% brightness and the battery saving feature, power saving mode and in the airplane mode as well.

As far as I'm concerned I've installed all driver. Did I miss anything?

9. muhammad mirsha

muhammad mirsha Newbie

Reputations:
    dont know with other owner, but mine, the battery life is good enough. 2,5 hour multitasking work of graphic software, 3,5 hour watching movie, and 7 hour idle (when I was calibrating my battery).
    my problem now is, the fan recently make a disturbing sound, seems like there is something stuck on it, but theres nothing

10. dpl

dpl Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can anyone confirm their usual battery life? I'd probably contact my distributor if it turns out there's something wrong with my battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.