*** Official Clevo P640RE/Sager NP8640 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by NordicRaven, Sep 15, 2015.

1. kewkies

kewkies Newbie

Reputations:
    Did this and works great for Steam except now it's kinda tiny. haha. I might try that method by Dan Antonielli. BUT when I'm on Chrome, the text is just fine; they're super clear and crisp but it's just fuzzy images or icons so I'm not sure what's going on.

Also, scaling is set to 125% by default (or 150, I don't quite remember as I was messing around with it and just reverted to default as it was the best setting).

2. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Indeed, anything smaller than 15.6" requires scaling to see anything properly.

Sadly, no, since 100% scaling makes everything too small. At least you guys have a 14" screen, 0.7" more than my 13.3" W230SS. Running OS X feels like I need a microscope, since there are no scaling/high-DPI options there...

3. HeardEmSay

HeardEmSay Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Just got mine today.. But my only means of a valid OS is Windows 7 on a thumb drive ... There is no "legacy" option for USB so I keep bsoding after Windows logo since 7 doesn't have native 3.0 support.. Any work arounds?

4. Ionising_Radiation

Ionising_Radiation ?v = ve*ln(m0/m1)

Reputations:
    Do you have another computer? We need to install Windows 7 on that and then shift the drive to the P640RE. If it's an M.2 drive, just use data migration software. It's incredibly clumsy, I know, but there's no choice.

Or you could install Windows 8.1, which makes life a lot easier for you.

5. vinny3

vinny3 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Can you not install Windows 7 on a USB 2.0 drive?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

6. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Could try an external DVD player with an install disk, again USB 2.0 if you have access to one of those.

7. HeardEmSay

Reputations:
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I just downloaded the w10 iso and I'm going to purchase a key later... Just hate the useless clutter and background resource hogs on w10... Oh well

8. Kaozm

Kaozm Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So norwegian site was right and it is a 970m 6GB edition?

9. Zalgradis

Zalgradis Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Evening gents,

I'm extremely keen on this laptop to replace my W230SS, however the notebookreview and HTwingnut did bring to light some concerns. I would really appreciate your opinion on the following:

- Is there any noticeable screen tearing whilst using V-SYNC or is this only present without?
    - Has anyone noticed the slow screen response times whilst gaming to the point where they significantly took away from the experience?
    - I would really appreciate it if an owner of both the P640RE and W230SS could point out comparisons between their screens. The W230SS 1080p is one of my personal favourites; I've always been nervous about upgrading as a result
    - Will Windows 7 work with this laptop? If not, has anyone experienced any issues running older games (2002 dx9 onwards) with windows 7?

Thank you for your assistance :D I'm hoping to pick up one from XMG within the next few days to ensure that it arrives before I travel, but torn between this and the MSI GS40.

10. HeardEmSay

Reputations:
    For some reason the past few sagers I've had love having no sound after waking from sleep... Really annoying