*** Official Clevo P570WM | P570WM3 / Sager NP9570 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jclausius, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DreDre

DreDre Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes 980Ms are supported by Nividia but in this notebook it was not natively supported. This chassis was 3 generations or more before the 980Ms were produced and the BIOS and vBIOS was modified to support this notebook with 980Ms. Modding the inf file is not that difficult. It took me a sec to figure it out with the help of MRFOX and others you can do it also. Check out this link by MRFOX. Check out his instruction as well......

In that case, just extract them, open NVCVI.INF in NotePad and use the "Replace All" feature to replace the 4-digit hardware ID that does not match with your hardware ID. If you are running W8 or W10 you will have to boot with Driver Signature Enforcement disabled to install modded drivers. My 980M hardware ID is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13D7&SUBSYS_03761558 and I am going to guess your stock BIOS has something other than '0376' that needs to be replaced by your hardware ID. Takes about 2 minutes to do the mod. This is something every Alienware owner with aftermarket GPU upgrades has to do and it's not a big deal. Once you learn how it will be super easy.

: [Quick Tips] GPU Driver INF Modding for 'Aftermarket Upgrades'

Papusan likes this.
  2. Danteus

Danteus Newbie

Reputations:
    Awwwwww..... Yeah! That did it. Thank you! It was indeed quite easy.
    Now I have one last issue, one that might not be solvable, as I'm guessing it might be hardware related.
    I've had issues with Bluetooth, almost nearly since I bought my laptop in 2014. However, right now, it's at its worst. My laptop no longer recognises the BT adapter. I cannot even find it in the device manager (it's not even hidden).
    I tried downloading the drivers from the Qualcomm Atheros website and it solved nothing. I downloaded the AR3012 version, which I think was the one for this machine, as I chose the Killer Wireless version, but Killer no longer works with Qualcomm ever since they got acquired by Intel.

I've tried many things I've read on the net like restarting the service, updating my drivers, unplugging my laptop, but nothing works.

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Get yourself a different wifi card, the 7260AC Mini PCI-E for example.

DreDre likes this.
  4. DreDre

Reputations:
    You are going to have to go into device manager and check your network adapters to see which wifi card you have. I have the killer 1202 in mine but the last supported driver was in 2016 I believe. You are probably going have to look at the killer archives for a compatible driver as killer no longer supports those older wifi cards.

5. DreDre

Reputations:
    I agree with Meaker swap out and install the AX 1650 wifi card if you are able. They are relatively cheap with better bluetooth functionality and faster internet speeds. Also with newer drivers better support than older wifi cards

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It's mini-PCI-E not M.2.

7. Sakuta

Sakuta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Fenvi Fv-AX200
    [​IMG]

TOULINEUA AX200HMW
    [​IMG]

Alfa AWPCIE-AX200
    [​IMG]

mini pcie to M.2 + AC9260/AX200/AX210
    [​IMG]

Meaker@Sager likes this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Adaptors can be a pain to fit but the modified ones are cool.

9. sipbuasri

sipbuasri Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    • I'm new to this but I can't find anything on upgrading my P570WM to 980 desktop cards in SLI. The full blown 980 desktop cards with 2048 shaders. I have mod my case to install them. The laptop post but I can not install any Nvidia drivers to fully use them. I read in a earlier post that the Clevo 980 Desktop MXM cards will work and not require any extra power. There is a 4-pin connector on the card which I believes need to be hooked up in order for the cards to work? or be recognized by the laptop. Running GPUZ it shows up with both cards having 2048 shaders. Has anyone tried adding a 4-pin connector off the motherboard or can the extra power split of the fan power? ….see pic of what I have going on. Any help would be appreciated....thanks

• ...sorry I have tried and I don't know how to insert pics on this so I can show you the MXM cards installed and the GPUZ....sorry

10. Sakuta

Sakuta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has anyone tried adding a 4-pin connector off the motherboard or can the extra power split of the fan power?
    no one

u can use msi gt80s 's gtx980(no extra power ver)to sli
    u must modiy nvidia drivers , nvcvi.inf

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5895609282
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]