*** Official Clevo P570WM | P570WM3 / Sager NP9570 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jclausius, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    They do not need to be torqued really so just dremel a flat head slot into it.

zdroj likes this.
  2. Maxware79

Maxware79 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I’m pretty sure the screws I have are the same as yours. The Parts People list these as M2.5x2.5 but they are definitely narrower than the other M2.5 screws that the entire machine is built with so they have to be M2.
    The only problem is I’m in Australia so the postage cost and time probably isn’t worth a few free screws.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Postage should be about $3.50AUD but would take a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Mr. Fox and zdroj like this.
  3. zdroj

zdroj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the advice @Meaker. I thought of doing that before I misplaced the one of them that was close to being stripped. I originally had SLI 780Ms, but since I'm not a gamer I removed one of the cards...and misplaced its screws. The 780M I was using died recently, so I replaced it with the one I took out previously...but had misplaced the screws. I eventually decided to check out what it would cost to upgrade to a 980M, and found some on ebay that were going for around $260 (I also found a kit of 2 with some extras for ~$1800 offered by a well-known seller of custom Clevos, but we won't go there!), so I picked one up, used some Hydronaut on the die and some Fujipoly pads on the VRMs, etc., and it's working great...so considering getting another...but I need the screws...

4. zdroj

zdroj Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Thanks for the offer, Mate! Probably going to get them from the second link in one of my previous posts. @Mr. Fox had already directed me there when I reached out to him via PM, but my initial searches turned up so many options for M2x2 screws that I purchased the wrong ones, and needed some reassurances from the community to make sure I get it right this time.

Maxware79 likes this.
  5. Sakuta

Sakuta Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    https://twitter.com/BufferMod/status/1225818545499467776

Eurocom sent the old version BIOS to me and let me pay for $89 USD,that called bios update?I check the md5 code of it ,compare with the bios which I get in 2014,it's the same one!I request bios update to make my notebook support PCIE Gen3,they get money but don't do anything!

see what are your guys doing plz,if your guys can not do it,refund or ask RD/BIOS engineer of clevo for help,test it before you sent it to me!that will leave a lots of bad impression to your customer!@EurocomTech

All X79 chipset desktop motherboard with 22 nm ivy bridge CPU can support PCIE Gen3, so why the notebook which base on X79 chipset with Xeon E5 2696 v2 can't?

@Eurocom Support

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    They never guaranteed that it would enable gen3, could be an odd artifact of the 1060 vbios.

DR650SE likes this.
  7. Tetsuro

Tetsuro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello everyone.
    I would like some advice. I have a broken P570WM. This P570WM is an LVDS version motherboar. I'd like to fix it, but I'm wondering whether to use LVDS motherboard or eDP motherboard. Which is better?

8. ssj92

ssj92 Neutron Star

Reputations:
    eDP will allow cards such as GTX 1070 (P5000) to work as long as you get eDP display as well.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Also a cable.

10. Tetsuro

Tetsuro Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello.
    I have a revision 2.1v P570WM motherboard for eDP type. Will the GTX 1070 (Quadro P5000) work with this motherboard?