*** Official Clevo P570WM | P570WM3 / Sager NP9570 Owners Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by jclausius, Feb 5, 2013.

1. DJDan

DJDan Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    please remove

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  2. DJDan

Reputations:
    Thank you for your help @Meaker@Sager,

i just saw the Ripjaws were 1600 rams. I thought they were 2400 modified to work inside the p570wm.
    I do have hyperx khx1600C9S3 32gb of them.

So i asume i could use my current ones too to mod with typhoon to 2400 ?
    Could you please guide me threw the Proccess ?

Thank you very much

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. DJDan

Reputations:
    cant anybody help me with Moding my rams with thaiphoon ?

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    You are only looking at small gains, I'd suggest targeting something easier like 1866mhz. Otherwise if you want more then you are going to need experiment.

5. DJDan

Reputations:
    1866 works easy inside Prema Bios Perfermence Settings for Ram.
    Just changed to Manual left all Timing as they are on 1600mhz (9-9-9-27) and choose 1866 no isues. I could choose 2166 but this wont work. So i belive to go further i need to use Thaiphoon.

I've read there is a Profile needed in Thaipoon. How do i get a Profile ? What is it used for ?
    Please guide me threw the Steps what i need to do.

And what if they dont work after apply ? Could i allways go to bios and go back to standard and they work again ?
    I read someone have Broke their PC Bios is that Possible ? Does Thaiphoon write into Bios ?

Thank you for your help.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I was on vacation and unable to respond until today. You need the version of Thaiphoon Burner that allows working with XMP to make any changes. The basic version (unless Vitality has changed something) does not allow changing XMP information. Although, I believe it will write the entire SPD including the XMP settings.

I still have the custom SPD from that RAM. I wasn't sure if I had deleted it or not. You can try programming it. Remove all but one stick of RAM for testing to be sure it works OK before flashing all sticks. Save your stock SPD using Thaiphoon Burner first as well. If you have any issues with this modded SPD not booting, remove that stick. Install an unmodded stick and boot from it, then install the modded stick and flash it back to stock.
    Use the profile attached. It is not a stock GSKILL profile. It was custom-edited by @residualvoltage (Marc Waters) to work around some deficiency issues in the P570WM BIOS and the fact that is does not have the normal level of memory overclocking support that one would expect with the desktop CPU and X79 chipset. Brother @Prema modded everything he could, but you cannot mod what is totally missing.

Thaiphoon Burner does not making any changes to the BIOS. It only makes changes to memory modules. So, you could brick your memory, but not the mainboard. With the attached SPD flashed to the correct GSKILL memory modules you don't need to change anything else.

I haven't used this since I sold my P570WM back in 2015, so I might not remember enough to answer difficult questions, should any arise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  7. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I'm not sure they will work. There are some hacks Intel did on the IMC making running them tricky and it's something the bios was never coded for.

9. remdale

remdale Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I guess it is worth trying

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Fairly expensive to try but if you need the memory capacity over 32gb then there is not much option.