*** Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Is your model a Sager or a Clevo?

View the black sticker under the laptop, you have the model there. In case you have doubts, post a photo of said sticker and we'll help you out

2. urradna

urradna Newbie

Reputations:
    Looking at the bottom it seems to be a 377SM-A. Thank you. I believe it is from Clevo
    https://gyazo.com/952c229ab9a803e76bcf02698a69a558

now that I have the correct BIOS Zip file, can you help me with the exact steps to update my bios?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That link shows the firmware having readme files attached to guide you through.

4. connoisseuroftech

connoisseuroftech Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey everyone, Been a while since I posted :) I apparently like this particular model laptop more than I should ....I now have 2 of these.
    1 is a Sager with the dual 980's and a 120hz screen.
    The 2nd one I just bought is a "Xidax", also dual 980's with a 60hz screen.

My question for all of you is this....Where can I find a 3d EDP cable 50pin?? I can get a 120hz screen to swap out the 60hz one, but it won't work without that cable. I would even be willing to give someone the 60hz screen for just the cable lol.

Is the "Xidax" bios drastically different than the Sager bios?

I have also heard that Eurocom has 1080m video cards (MXM's) that can let you upgrade from 980m's to 1080m's? Anyone heard of that? or has anyone done it?

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Speak to your reseller but the cables are getting rarer. Upgrades require the eDP cable.

joluke likes this.
  6. Xikar

Xikar Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I knocked over my 377 and lost my 980m video.

I reseated the card, removed broken plastic chassis shards, and it returned to normal.

Over time, it no longer recognized the card unless I rebooted several times.

Intermittent problem.

Finally, it never recognized my 980m permanently.

Do you think I should pursue mobo replacement before the video card?

A phone/computer repair service wants $50 to test the card but I am concerned they just want to declare it dead and try to sell me a replacement.

Am I being irrational about that?

It is a work machine so I will not leave it with them, just give them the card to test.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It needed to be looked at the moment the card was not recognised, it could have been overheating due to the heatsink not being put back properly which may have caused further damage. It needs a proper look at and I would recommend sending it to your reseller and using your backup machine for work just now.

Xikar likes this.
  8. Xikar

Reputations:
    Sagacious advice, but I do not have the time nor money to send it off for repairs and there is no way my new rig is going to work with me. :) That’s how the 377 got dropped!

I have no way of knowing if dropping my machine damaged the mobo card seat or the card...or both.

Found a replacement mobo in the marketplace.

I think I’m going to install the replacement, re-try the 980, declare it dead if it fails, then find an economical lower end replacement video card to install. As a work machine, I do light CAD work, so nothing fancy is required.

Life would be good if it the old 980 lives tho!!!

9. Xikar

Reputations:
    I installed a used mainboard and got black screen dos looking stuff saying I screwed up. The BIOS of the mobo was a Prema mod, so I thought I should flash it to Sager. Sager support hooked me up quickly. Successful flash but still the dos fail screen.

Decide to switch back to my old mobo and got the same thing...which was extremely depressing.

After studying the boot menus, noticed this option to enable UEFI.

Enabled it and all returned to normal on old mobo.

Going to retry new “used” mobo again and apply the same bios option.

If that works and my 980m is still not functional, I will be looking for a cheap replacement in the marketplace.

Very interesting the UEFI vs BIOS and likewise GPT vs MBT!

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Yes having your boot option correct is important as is looking up the error message. Reach out for help before ordering parts :)

Xikar likes this.