**Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. cr8rec

cr8rec Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    anyone doing 1070 sli?

2. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have bought an ACER Predator XB272 (27", 1080p, 240Hz, G-SYNC, ULMB).

When connecting it to my laptop's (CLEVO P377SM-A, GeForce GTX 980M, Windows 10) Thunderbolt port, using an Accell's VESA certified MiniDisplayPort to DisplayPort cable, it doesn't work at all ("no signal"). It works on HDMI tho.

I have also tested the monitor on a desktop computer (GeForce GTX 660, Windows 7) using the cable that comes with the monitor (DisplayPort to DisplayPort) and it works (capped at 200Hz, probably limited by the quality of the cable).

Any ideas on how to use this monitor via the Thunderbolt like if I were using a MiniDisplayPort? I thought Thunderbolt was compatible with MiniDisplayPort, why it does not work at all?

3. most

most Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi Spyro,

No idea why it doesn’t work. It should. I have had an ASUS MG278Q 27" 144Hz running without problems over the Thunderbolt/miniDisplayPort of my P375SM-A, 980M SLI, Win 10. Obviously it could be a faulty cable, other than that no idea. Maybe somebody else have an idea?

4. Spyro-

Spyro- Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah I tought it was due to the cable too, but I have tried a bunch of cables already.
    The Accell is the first one that I try that is VESA certified, so I tought the other ones failed coz they weren't VESA certified, but this doesn't work either.

Since it works on a desktop computer with DP, looks like the Thunderbolt port of my CLEVO doesn't work, sheeeit.

5. most

most Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah, doesnt sound that good. I know Win 10 finds the Thunderbolt driver itself, but have you tried installing the driver manually? I’m pretty sure Sager still have all the drivers for the P377 on their homepage. Could be worth a shot if you havent tried

6. nbr2019

nbr2019 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @Prema : Do you have the service manual for Clevo P377SM-A ?

or else does anyone else have it? I'm unable to find it online.
    Thanks for any help
    Cheers

7. most

most Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    You should be able to download it here: https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/P37xSM-A/

nbr2019 likes this.
  8. yeoldegamer1979

yeoldegamer1979 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are you attempting to use both ports at once? Also is your laptop screen disabled?

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

9. nbr2019

nbr2019 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    most likes this.
  10. urradna

urradna Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi does anyone know where I can find the premamod bios download for Clevo Sager NP9377 SM - A ? I can't seem to find it anywhere for the life of me. Thank you.

Does this work with Clevo Sager NP 9377SM-A? and Exactly which version should i pick if so?