]]>

**Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The custom firmware is good if you want to overclock.

2. apshai

apshai Newbie

Reputations:
    I have a client with an older P377SM-A with GTX 880. Their Windows 7 OS crashed and they want to take this opportunity to update the system. This is the first CLEVO I've worked on and it appears all firmware are initial 2013 releases. I found this site while hunting for the latest BIOS and discovered the Prema Mod Bios.

Questions:
    • Where can I download the Prema Mod Bios for this system? (The Prema Mod site appears to be under construction)
    • If I plan to use the Prema Mod, should I update the official BIOS/EC to the latest version or leave as is?
    • What about GPU BIOS?
    Thanks in advance for the support.

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    For a client who just wants to run it and forget it then they don't need it. Repaste, clean out the heatsink, put the latest official firmware on it and they should be good to go.

Vbios modding again is advanced, most people wont use the features.

4. apshai

apshai Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for the quick response! I appreciate the solid advice.

This user is actually interested in the additional capabilities. And I'm familiar with flashing custom roms, but haven't worked with a CLEVO before.

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    You will need to speak to Prema directly as he has removed all of his files on offer to the public.

Just be aware that unlocking those features does allow you to thoroughly break the device.

6. apshai

apshai Newbie

Reputations:
    Hahaha! Understood. Will contact him directly. Thanks again!

7. MickyD1234

MickyD1234 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Just FYI as I got the Prema BIOS from my reseller. It comes with the correct matching EC and is totally awesome if you want to tinker. All the options I am used to seeing on a professional desktop board. BUT, as mentioned a 'brick' is easy if you do not know what you are doing. AND I found the thermals on this machine are borderline at stock. I tried a prema VBIOS and although it made my Sli more stable, overheating happened far before the overclock gave errors. I now run a moderate CPU O/C on my machine and use on-screen monitoring during gaming.

I have done all the usual repastes and use a cooling pad but I find that if a game does not support Sli then a single card gets much hotter, I stop gaming at 85c GPU (usually after about an hour) just because I do not feel comfortable above that temp.

IIRC, there is a mod for the bottom of the case to improve airflow but you'll need to hunt that down. I wanted to keep my warranty so modding the case was not an option. Good call as I did have a 980m die and had to send the machine in for repair!

Good luck.

8. Eurocom Support

Eurocom Support Company Representative

Reputations:
    Here are some pics of GTX 1070 installed. We use 82x105mm standard MXM3 size card that fits into any MXM 3.0b slot. Just need to modify VGA heatsink for card to fit inside. Also you need to use eDP LCD panel.

Attached Files:

most likes this.
  9. Eurocom Support

Eurocom Support Company Representative

Reputations:
    Here is our LCD Upgrade Chart for these that would like to upgrade their P377SMx laptops to eDP LCD panels that work with our GTX 1060 and GTX 1070 standard size MXM3 82x105mm cards.

Attached Files:

10. Shadow-Tek

Shadow-Tek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So wait are you saying us X8E owners can upgrade the GPU's past 980?? I have 2 980s now.. but want to upgrade.. I don't need the laptop screen updated as Ive never used it.. (got a 120 h screen) Only use my 50' TV hdmi screen.

Edit.. 980's seem to cost more on site I visited.. am I missing something?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017