*** Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Congrats on getting your machine.

Every machine is different, you'll want to customize your own XTU profile, not use one someone else made. It isn't terribly difficult though.

First things first.

Grab AIDA64, HWiNFO64, and 3dmark.

HWiNFO64 -
    http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

AIDA64 -
    http://www.aida64.com/downloads (grab the extreme trial)

3dmark you can get from Steam, that's the fastest option.

Run HWiNFO64 and move the monitor off to the side so you can see the temperature. Press FN+1 to force max fans and open AIDA64. Click Tools/System Stability Test. Leave the default options checked (CPU, FPU, cache, system memory) and click start. Let that run for about 30 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure you aren't throttling because of thermals (this test isn't likely to do that, it isn't designed to actually push the CPU to the brink of death but it does push everything else. After you've verified that it isn't thermal throttling, let it run for at least 4 hours. Once that's done and hasn't crashed, open up XTU, click the stress test, set it for an hour and run that. This one will probably run your CPU up to between 80 and 85C, possibly even higher. Watch it for the first 10 minutes to make sure it doesn't hit the 90s then leave that running.

Finally run 3dmark. Run all the tests including the demos and post your scores here.

Also include a screenshot of your CPU and GPU stats from HWiNFO64 that was running the whole time.

Hookerlips likes this.
  2. Brent R.

Brent R. Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    okay man thanks so much I am getting started on all that right now :p thanks for your help!

Ethrem likes this.
  3. MickyD1234

MickyD1234 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Hi, you want to use something like the on-screen display that comes with msiafterburner; in the settings, monitors, select the clocks/data you want to see and tick the OSD box for each one. Then game (or whatever) ans watch the clocks. If you get HWInfo64 it has a LOT of data and you can also select to display them through Rivatuner (the OSD component mentioned earlier).

I got a decent XTU profile by just going on-line with the app to compare and looked at machines faster than mine. When I saw 100% compatibility I just downloaded it and applied. Might not be the best way but it was simple.

If GPU throttling is working correctly you should only see a drop during things like game loads or cut-screens, not in the middle of some action!

Good luck

4. Brent R.

Reputations:
    Is there a way to ss an app instead of having to ss a whole screen?

...15min into aida64 the highest temp is 83 and they aren't moving
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  5. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:

Hit print screen, open paint, paste, select the part you want to share and cut that, new file, paste, save, upload to tinypic or another free image service :)

6. Brent R.

Reputations:
    Why doesn't it make the CPU run at full boost the whole time and there is no throttling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Because these chips have a TDP that they have to stay within. My "4GHz" 4940MX runs 3.4-3.5GHz stock under hefty load. The default 57W TDP doesn't let it go any higher. A -85mv undervolt in XTU kicks the CPU up to 3.6GHz under load in the same 57W TDP. It takes between 70 and 80W and about 150A for current for my chip to turbo at 4GHz the whole time and that gets awfully hot, running in the 90s with forced max fans. I have been running it at 3.6GHz lately... I prefer to see 80C and its only with full heavy load that the core drops so low. Your chip has a lower TDP than mine does so it can potentially throttle more.

8. Brent R.

Reputations:
    I ran xtu stress test for an hour and average temp was 74 max temp was 83 and it was running at 3.4Ghz most of the time

Ethrem likes this.
  9. MickyD1234

MickyD1234 Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I use Windows snippimg tool (%windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe) pinned to my start menu :).

Brent R. likes this.
  10. Brent R.

Reputations:
    Yah thats a good idea