*** Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    If you dont plan on gaming the Quadro cards are the best work station cards. The K5100M is available but its on the pricey side. For photo editing you probably wont see much difference between the 970M/970M/K5100M. While your programs are GPU accelerated they are not very GPU intensive. I would go with a 970M for your use.

2. thejager

thejager Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    yeah...i will be predominantly photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop
    is SLi even worth considering to help?

im not going to be gaming, but you say the Quadro are the best workstation cards...but you say the 970m (id get a 980m) would give me the better performance? or just better value?

i dont care about cost at this point...i just want the best and fastest running CS6 and LR6 laptop i can buy

3. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    It really is hard to say which is better. K5100M is Kepler, 970M is Maxwell. If you were doing 3D modeling or something then it would be Quadro without a doubt. A 970M will definitely run a lot cooler too.

4. thejager

thejager Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I definitely dont see myself using CAD or anything like that...big files on CS6 and Lightroom...big stitching things...but no real 3d i think...

Would it be better to go with the 980m GPU and the desktop CPU of the clevo ZM ( i think ti is the ZM)?

thanks so much for your responses

5. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    For what you're doing, since most of it will be OpenCL accelerated, you can go either way. The cooling system in the machines with the desktop CPUs is more robust but you lose the option of dual graphics cards. I don't know about SLI support for CS6 or Lightroom though as I don't use those programs.

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    SLI wont usually help with cad type programs, you can assign the cards to different projects to run at the same time however.

7. Brent R.

Brent R. Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    We'll I just got all the drivers installed I am doing windows updates what is a good (benchmark) program to make sure my CPU and gpu(s) are running at the correct speeds without throttling after a while and what speeds are the 980s suppose to boost and stay at? Thx guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Brent R.

Reputations:
    what can I do to make sure my cpu is hitting its boost speed and not throttling down??? any suggestions? same with the GPU's and what version of XTU should I get and from where every place I go has a different version Sager has a different version than Clevo and the driver utilities disk I got from xotic has a different version so its basicly like that for ALL the drivers so its SO freaking confusing and then the Sager/Clevo Drivers sticky thread makes it even more confusing and hard to choose what to use, exspecially if you are new to a high end laptop like this, like I am , I am use to a easy HP or dell where everything is simple and u don't care about if the gpu and cpu are hitting their boosts and holding because they probably don't have a gpu or a cpu's boost thats even worth caring...seems like this thread has fizzled out of course that just happens to happen when I finally buy this laptop.....sorry for the double post

9. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    To remove CPU Throttle you can raise TDP (shor and max) as well as Turbo Time in the Mod BIOS or XTU.
    To remove GPU throttle you have to flash a vBIOS Mod (just click my signature).

What vBIOS version is on your card (shown in GPU-Z or BIOS setup menu)?

10. Brent R.

Reputations:
    I don't know if I am throttling I am just wanting to make sure because I just got the laptop so I want to make sure it is running like it is suppose to....I am new to these types of computers and don't know how I can verify that my 4810mq is turboing correctly or that my two 980m's are boosting correcting and holding the boost same for the cpu sorry if I was unclear thanks for replying and trying to help though and I have done alot of research about your bios and vbios and one day I plan on using them but right now I just got this so I just want to make sure its running how it should :p Thanks buddy

anyone got any XTU profiles for the same setup I have (in my sig) pm me plz

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015