*** Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. D2 Ultima

D2 Ultima Livestreaming Master

Reputations:
    Let me know if it ever does get working. I would have wanted to eventually move to Windows 10 in the future, but I would be particularly annoyed if I had to sit on Win 8.1 as the final update. Maybe since the SM and SM-A models are so close together most of the SM-A drivers would work? *shrugs*.
    Anyway, let us know if you get it working great! I'm not about to try it >_>.

Also I like how the guy is getting problems using his overlay with Ubisoft games.
    Everybody's problems seem to stem from Ubisoft titles... but everybody keeps wanting to play the Ubisoft titles. I don't get it.

yes, it would.

2. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Since 10 is a free upgrade, expect Microsoft to drop support for older versions much faster not to mention that DirectX 12 is for 10 only.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3. Shadow-Tek

Shadow-Tek Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Go for the 120Hz screen it has 72% NTSC, I like it allot. Plus if you are getting duel 980's it is insane to get a 60Hz screen IMO. Of the games you mentioned I have Far Cry 4 and it runs flawless for me all maxed out.

MickyD1234 likes this.
  4. MonarchX

MonarchX Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    SOmeone somewhere here replied that someone with NP9377 just ordered the G-Sync IPS screen and is waiting for it to arrive. I can't find that post anywhere, but I wanted to know the price of that IPS screen...

5. Shadow-Tek

Reputations:
    Not sure where that post is, but you could try contacting Eurocom as I know they have 120Hz screens for the P377SM-A. And as far as I know, they are the only reseller that still has them. The reseller I used (HIDevolution) advertises that they have them, but they ended up ordering my laptop from Eurocom to get one. I know thats not what you asked but thats the extent of my knowledge on it unfortunately.

If you ever find a 240Hz screen for this model, let me know :)

Hope you find what you are looking for bud. Of course you can always go external, which is what Ive been thinking about doing.

EDIT: I wonder if you can tell the difference between a 120Hz screen and a 240Hz screen?

6. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    240Hz screens do not exist.
    You theoretically could, but we won't know for quite some time.

There was technically a 240Hz screen developed and used by NASA some time ago for satellite feeds, but it only took a 120Hz input signal and doubled the frames, so it was never true 240Hz. Also, all those "240Hz" and "500Hz" and "600Hz" TVs that are sold simply use strobed backlighting features (I believe it's called) to make the image smoother. Most of them are 60Hz or 120Hz only, and have nothing very special about them at all.

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    240hz does exist, its just pointless tech.

http://www.cnet.com/news/240hz-lcd-tvs-what-you-need-to-know/

I have compared the 120 and 240hz MEMC Sony TVs and bought the 120hz both because I couldn't notice much of a difference and because my TV has virtually no input lag.

TomJGX and Shadow-Tek like this.
  8. D2 Ultima

Reputations:
    Well that's what I said... there's no 240Hz input, so it just doubles up 120Hz frames.
    Or, strobed backlighting effects. XD.

We'll never know if something actually refreshes at 240Hz unless we actually get 240Hz input to it. Even if the tech supposedly works, there's no way to check if it's capable of displaying 240 true new frames in one second. A high speed camera could likely record and the slowed down video could be checked if we could say... get a game to sit above 240fps (which I am dead certain is possible; I've had 330fps in CoD already) and we could input all 240+ frames per second to that screen.

But yeah. Until we get 240Hz input, it's more of a gimmick than anything else. I'd rather the strobed effect than a simple doubling up.

9. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Strobed effect makes me dizzy. My TV has a mode where it strobes and thus produces zero motion blur... It takes all of five minutes for me to get dizzy from it. It's a miracle the passive 3D doesn't make me dizzy.

10. Shadow-Tek

Reputations:
    Ok well that answered my question, I'll stick with 120Hz and same for any external I get. Thanks for the info!