]]>

**Official Clevo P37xSM-A/Sager NP9377 owner's lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ethrem, May 22, 2014.

1. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    We don't have a lounge for this machine yet and we should so I figured I'd start one. :)

I just got the machine yesterday and I'm loving it. I don't have any real issues with it other than the gimped vbios that we already know about.

Who else has this machine besides me? Planning to get it? Have questions?

2. MushroomDynamo

MushroomDynamo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered the special edition last week and I'm hoping it'll come in sometime next week. It's my first gaming computer and needless to say i'm very excited, having subsisted on 4+ year-old Intel HD Graphics for 4 years, and on a Dell no less.

What exactly do you mean about gimped VBIOS? I'm unfamiliar with the issue.

Also, I'm pretty hyped up to do some decent benchmarking. I ended up settling on the GTX 870M SLI offered at LPC Digital, but I cannot find benchmarking data ANYWHERE for it at all whatsoever. Everyone's a sucker for the 880M SLI but I didn't quite have that much room in my budget :<

3. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Congrats on your purchase! Its an awesome machine, you won't regret it!

As for the VBIOS... nVidia has been artificially limiting the performance of their GPUs for awhile now. They're still fast as all hell but I'm scoring lower on certain benches (Futuremark stuff it appears) with 880Ms than the 780Ms got.

Its not really the end of the world - and drivers are still quite young - but its something to note.

870M likely has more performance wiggle room than the 880M does but I don't think there are too many of them in the wild.

Here ya go: GeForce Mobile GPU Reviews: GTX 880M, 870M, And 860M

4. djhaystack

djhaystack Newbie

Reputations:
    I ordered one from LPC-Digital with a single 880M in it. I'm not crazy about the idea of dealing with SLI issues, though I'll likely order another 880M at some point down the road and SLI once the single card can't keep up. Got the Samsung EVO SSD in it, and can't wait for it to get here. Fingers crossed it'll arrive by the end of next week, but the holiday on Monday may keep that from happening.

Ethrem likes this.
  5. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    Honestly I am running mine in power saver mode most of the time. The fans just get too loud. I think I need to repaste everything. That benchmark I posted about the 870M had the 880M hitting 75C and my processor seems to like to hit 80s too. Just a bit too much heat.

Even with power save mode, which keeps the fans nice and low, the system is still plenty capable.

I am going to turn off SLI and run some tests to see what happens with the fan noise and the system temperature. Didn't think to do that before lol.

I am loving the machine though. The track pad really is bad but I'm getting used to hitting the button from an angle (you will see what I mean)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

6. MushroomDynamo

MushroomDynamo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What kind of thermalpaste did you order it with?

I'm not really bothered by fan noise, as I personally despise melty computers, having lost aforementioned not-very-much-missed Dell to exceptionally poor thermal management design. To me, fan noise just means that the laptop is doingni what I want it to good and proper :b

Also, I've done assistive cooling on the Dell before using a desk fan. Most ghetto solution ever.

7. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    I got the IC Diamond upgrade and the additional copper heatsinks and I'm still running mid 80s under load... obviously someone screwed up. The more I think about it, the less thrilled I am.

I despise melty computers too but if the temps don't come down, this one won't last long either.

I've had to do some ghetto cooling before myself. Thankfully that isn't the case with this machine but yeah, temps are hefty.

8. reaversedge

reaversedge Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    1 and a half month np9377 owner here, been waiting to make a lounge for sager np9377 :)

just a heads up, prema mod for the 9377 will be released after a week :) im looking forward to it when released :)

normally i use a single 880m for not so demanding games like nba 2k14 which i play a lot and borderlands 2, but whenever i switch to metro LL and crysis 3, far cry 3 i activate SLI, on general browsing its always on powersaving and i only get 2.5 hrs on backlit off and screen brightness only 2 notches up.

Ethrem likes this.
  9. Ethrem

Ethrem Notebook Prophet

Reputations:
    How are your temperatures man? About in line with mine? Better? Worse?

Good to hear about the BIOS. I did some investigation into the Prema thread and there are a lot of useful options that are unlocked.

I haven't tried anything on battery yet... I was just keeping fan noise down haha.

10. Prema

Prema HIBERNATING

Reputations: