*** Official Clevo P177SM-P170SM / Sager NP8290-8270 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jun 1, 2013.

1. sam_t610

sam_t610 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks for the video. I can see how to access only one msata in that video. Next to battery and notebook edge. Where is other ?

2. Samchanchan11

Samchanchan11 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I put mine under the hard drive (there's a small tab you can open up)... although I'm not sure if that's the one you're referring to

3. TheWisdomP

TheWisdomP Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, just a heads up on anyone who runs into a problem with the HotKeys error and .NetFramework. I recently received my first Sager (NP8270) (in Afghanistan which took like a month total to get in my hands haha) and i had replaced the original HDD with a SSD I had on hand. Well after doing the swap and making that HDD my secondary, I installed Windows 8 and I was getting a dumb .NetFramework error and my keyboard lights weren't working. The HotKey program wouldn't even open. After much tinkering around I found the solution.
    Install Windows from scratch, start installing drivers from the disk but STOP before you get to the HotKeys program, download or use the most recent updated one off Sagers website and install it. After install SHUTDOWN (don't restart) When you power up there will be an error message saying that you need to restart to finish installing drivers. Restart. The HotKeys and lights should be working just fine.

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It may be that the initial version has to be totally removed and may interfere with later ones.

5. derekdauzat

derekdauzat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    after uninstalling hotkey and it asks to restart, do not... go in to the (c:) and then to program files... look for hotkey folder their will be one lil file it didn't delete and that is whats screwing it all up... so delete it.. restart.. and install new one.. :)

6. Riri-Fifi

Riri-Fifi Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Hello

Welcom ....

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Good catch on that, it's usually a file left somewhere that causes these issues.

8. sdahlbe

sdahlbe Newbie

Reputations:
    I am an owner of the NP8295 with an AMD 8970M. I love everything about this laptop, it runs very cool and handles graphic intensive games very well.

However, I have a problem with the fan noise, and I have been trying to find some way to control the fan speed with no luck. The problem is that the fans run too fast, even when the temperature is normal (in the 50 degree range for both CPU and GPU). It seems like the fan profiles adjust dynamically based on the % usage of the CPU/GPU instead of the actual temperature. The fan profiles need tweaking and I'm not sure how to achieve this without some form of bios control.

I'm looking for any information about fan control for NP8295 / P177SM

9. kevidad

kevidad Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi, do you have any issue with endoro on P177sm and 8970m or any other issues!?

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk 2

10. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Havent heard of any common issues with the 8970M