**Official Clevo P170EM / Sager NP9170 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. t6nn_k

t6nn_k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Latest win update failed for my P370EM3 many times. I tried "update and shut down" and it worked for me.

2. glowingRockOnDesk

glowingRockOnDesk Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi all, I just reapplied the thermal paste to my gpu and cpu. Occasionally I get 22 beeps followed by shutdown. My thermometers still pick up temperatures and it is not overheating, nor does it seem to think it is overheating according to the given temps.

I was pretty careful not to get any old/new paste anywhere bad, and have already tried re-reapplying. Any ideas..?

3. Raexaender

Raexaender Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'd change all the thermal pads (you'll need 1mm thick ones and 0,5mm thick ones) and maybe reseat the gpu.

Those 22 beeps could also be the bios unable to read the temps..not sure though.

glowingRockOnDesk likes this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check the fans are plugged in properly.

glowingRockOnDesk likes this.
  5. glowingRockOnDesk

glowingRockOnDesk Newbie

Reputations:
    I'll try the thermal pads. I don't see a clear layout of where to put them in the manual, and to be honest I think I've lost one or two over the years... As for the bios unable to read the temps, is there a way to check in the BIOS? HWMonitor reads normal looking temps so I figured that was good enough...

I'll double check the fans when I go in for the thermal pads. The cables didn't look loose and the fans themselves certainly seem to be turning on properly.

I'll also give everything a once over with compressed air. Maybe some old dry thermal paste got in the wrong place...

I really appreciate the replies! :)

On a related note, I've been considering upgrading the GPU anyway, which is the 675M that came with it. I'm thinking the problem is with the GPU, as I can run Prime95 with no problem but almost immediately after running OCCT to test the GPU it beeps & turns off. So if the problem is indeed confined within the bounds of the GPU, I may try to kill two birds by simply upgrading it. I've noticed Eurocom sells GPU upgrade kits, though they are rather pricey... Any thoughts on that option? I'll try out the above in the meantime and update here with how it goes.

Thanks again for the help!!

6. nealios

nealios Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Don't waste your money.
    I loved my clevo 170em and thought, good on me for buying a mxm laptop so I can upgrade through the years. And not doing enough research mxm cards are absolutely disgusting in price.

My 675m gave out after 3 years and I opted to buy another card, fixed it for £350. Big mistake.
    You're better off saving money and buy a newer laptop. Don't do a me. Nothing wrong with bga laptops with extended warranty. I'll never buy a mxm board again

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The extended warranty plan is usually a good bet.

jclausius likes this.
  8. AceTimberwolf

AceTimberwolf Newbie

Reputations:
    I installed the Eurocom 1070 but the drivers off the eurocom website don't detect the card. What should I do?

Looks like my bios doesn't detect the card althought it is definitely running and heating up. Looks like I need a bios update but Eurocom no longer has a bios update on their website. Where should I go abd how do I install it?

Got my Bios updated from 1.00 to 1.02. Contacted Eurocom. Hopefully they get back to me

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2018
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Bios recognition is not important, have you disabled driver signing?

10. AceTimberwolf

AceTimberwolf Newbie

Reputations:
    I got the Neptune X2 Bios from Eurocom and it detected the Card. After this it installed 388. I wonder if there are any more recent drivers to this. Eurocom is kind of slow to respond.
    PS: I love my Sager computer, My whole family run sagers because I recommended them. Thank you.