*** Official Clevo P170EM / Sager NP9170 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extide

extide Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Yeah make sure they are installed properly, I have 32GB (4x8GB) and it works just fine.

2. nrat

nrat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    can you tell me if they downclock the memory when you run more then 16GB? someone told me that but i havent been able to confirm it

3. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    I can't speak for others but downclocking the Ram isn't something that we do. Sometimes when running specific Ram amounts, 32gb in this example, the speeds of faster RAM like 1866 is downclocked to 1600mhz or 1333 due to system limitations, but it's not something that is typically done intentionally.

For the RAM slots under the keyboard, sometimes the DIMM slots themselves may be bad. Definitely check to make sure that the RAM is seated correctly. Wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the keyboard entirely like previously suggested, unseat the RAM entirely, and then pop them back in securely. If it's still refusing to boot, rotate the RAM you know is working and see if they'll work up there. If you narrow it down to the slots definitely not working, contact the reseller and see what they'll be able to set you up with.

4. AMRAAM_Missiles

AMRAAM_Missiles Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone here use Windows 8 yet?
    I have trouble with Windows 7 right now so i think i might want to go for Windows 8 right now (Dreamspark Premium has its own privileges after all )

5. Support.1@XOTIC PC

Support.1@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    What troubles are you having with Win 7? Win 8 is virtually the same thing with a new skin and interface. It's likely that whatever trouble you are having will transfer over to the new OS as well if it's something beyond a driver issue.

6. Keicchan

Keicchan Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Guys.. i've recieved this laptop 2 weeks ago and i'm honestly quite impressed by it.. i've figured no big issue at all (the only one was some strange line and flash from lcd in some position.. after place it back to orizontal and open it again the problem disappear). What i've notice is that the laptop it's quite huge and heavy and my razer sc2 bag it's not big and strong enough to carry it so i'm looking for some new bag.. due to the extreme weight of the laptop + ali (plus all the console and rj45 cables i use for work) i'm thinking about a backpack...

i found that the SwissGear Ibex looks like big enough for the sager 9170.. it's that right? it suit and protect the laptop enough?.. and there is enough space left for clabling and ali?..

I've serched on the forum and found only a question with a not exaustive answer.. the SwissGear say that internal space it's 40.6x32x4.5 and the 9170 it's like 41x28x5 .. there is any risk to damage the laptop using that backpack? anyone it's using that backpack right now or has used it in the past?

and if it's not recomended anyone have some suggested backpack to use?!

ty

Dan

7. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have a 9170 and a SwissGear Pegasus, and the computer just BARELY fits inside...the Ibex is slightly smaller than the Pegasus, so I can't imagine how the 9170 could possibly fit into it. Get a Pegasus if you want to be safe :)

8. capthook12

capthook12 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Part of my decision to finally order was to be sure *not* to get windows 8.
    Coming from xp, windows 7 may be the last 'true pc' release ;-P

Should have the laptop tomorrow evening.
    Will post info/thoughts etc this weekend.

Also, any recs for a laptop CASE (not backpack)
    Having a hard time finding much for 17.3".

9. AMRAAM_Missiles

AMRAAM_Missiles Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    LOL i tried, the sleep mode problem still exist... one thing left... Hardware issue...

10. speedy11131

speedy11131 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Used my homemade restore DVD, reinstalled everything, going to see how it goes... fingers crossed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.