*** Official Clevo P170EM / Sager NP9170 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antioch

Antioch Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Just mailed my laptop back today. Curious to see how this whole RMA process will take place.

Tapatalk 2

2. stephen_drewz

stephen_drewz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hope its appropriate to ask here, I didnt feel like it deserved its own thread. Is there any not so public news about when some updated nvidia drivers for the GTX680m are coming? The ones we have now have almost no options and I believe miniscule drivers are why some games auto detect low settings, as if it only sees the Intel HD4000 card(Witcher 2, Sonic).

Otherwise this laptop is absolutely amazing. Witcher 2(I can get it to run after tweaking a bunch of stuff) is absolutely flawless. Saints row the third is beautiful. Cold boot in 10-12 seconds puts a smile on my face every time. Such a great Laptop.

Note: I still have this impression after upgrading from a P150HM with a GTX485m, not exactly a slow laptop that I changed from.

What's everyone's favorite color scheme with the back-lit keyboard? :)

3. extide

extide Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hey, can one of you guys get me a copy of your default BIOS/EC image (The SAGER one NOT the CLEVO one)? Also, anyone with a 3720/3820/3920 cpu can you check to see if VT-d is supported with an app like CPU-z ?

4. seb87

seb87 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ... laptop reborn ( i've bricked it , bios crash for an error in the update...wrong methos , i've updated before bios than try ec... )

now i've 1.00.06 ec and 1.00.06 bios but i0ve a problem with the gpu fan ...

it don't run , only the little movement on the switch on ...

i've an " official not supported " nvidia quadro 4000m , but with the old bios ( the 1.00.03 , bios and ec , it works fine )...

how i can make this fan work ?

5. extide

extide Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    What exact files did you use to flash?

6. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just heard from Larry at LPC; Sager is going to cross-ship me a new 7970M. Crossing my fingers that everything will be fine with the new one!

7. j0hnny_5

j0hnny_5 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I got my p170em in today, and i am having trouble installing the 680m driver! i am using the driver cd supplied with laptop and when i click on install nvidia driver its telling me device was not found, please enable it before installing its driver. so i go to the nvidia driver folder manually and run the setup, and its telling me This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware! GRRRR. then i go to nvidias website and its telling me no drivers exist for 680m windows 64 bit! im getting frustrated

(fixed it! called the manufaturer they told me they shipped me an old driver disk, only had 670 and 675m drivers on it and directed me to clevos official site)

8. Coors

Coors Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    This person had the same problem. I'd contact Malibal, or whoever you got yours from, and see if you can get the driver he got.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sager-clevo/682385-malibal-satori.html

9. seb87

seb87 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    3dmark 11 results of the configuration in sign... is good/right for you ?

SCORE
    P2525 3DMarks
    GRAPHICS SCORE
    PHYSICS SCORE
    COMBINED SCORE

10. Support.3@XOTIC PC

Support.3@XOTIC PC Company Representative

Reputations:
    Looks like those are right on for the Quadro. Its not made for gaming so you'll see lower results like that. But it will fly as a workstation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.