*** Official Clevo P157SM-P150SM / Sager NP8250 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by HTWingNut, Jun 1, 2013.

1. nvidia5500

nvidia5500 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hmm. I don't want to waste the 3 x 4GB ram that I have.

Question, if I bought another 1 x 4GB ram, do you think the BSOD problem will go away? :)

2. CoolPrizes

CoolPrizes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I thought you had 1 8GB stick and 1 4GB stick...? Sure go try that.

3. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Probably best to make sure same brand/timings too...

I got lucky with mine, came with 2x8GB 1600 Patriot and I ordered a 2nd pair from amazon which turned out to be identical, so it might just be finicky possibly about multiple timings...

About to find out about that with my desktop, as my 32GB corsairs(4x8) aren't quite the same timings as the first set... but they'll be a separate quad channel so hopefully that will mitigate any potential problems...

4. nvidia5500

nvidia5500 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I have exactly the same brand/timings. If I go and check via CPU-Z, all memory slots display the same information except for the serial numbers.

5. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You know, one of the things that I've always wondered but never investigated is IF the RAM timings were all set to most common denominator by BIOS... i.e. I'm still not even quite positive about the Patriot RAM but the hw sniffing is same part #, but I can't help but wonder on prior setups if the BIOS just didn't end up defaulting to "closest" match or something, which I can see happening...

Unfortunately can't exp. with the 7330 as I maxxed current mem already, and have no other DDR3 SODIMMs to experiment with anyways...

6. mythlogic

mythlogic Company Representative

Reputations:
    That issue above is why we don't offer odd number of SODIMMS on our configs for the P-series.. Because half the time it just doesn't work right =)

7. ironminded

ironminded Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Quick question; How do I load up and activate the Clevo Control Panel on my 157 in win8?

8. dolce.vita

dolce.vita Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hi I installed win7 64bit, I dowbloaded all drivers and software for the p150sm from the clevo page, which is all for win 8. I remember that someone wrote here it all can be used also for win7 except the hotkey software and one other driver or software. does anyone remember which it was? because these two they wrote should be dedicated win7 versiob installed, which can be found somewhere on the sager homepage

9. CoolPrizes

CoolPrizes Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Just download the Window 7 versions of the drivers. Most of the Windows 8 drivers should work, but some may not.

His BSODs were not caused by drivers.

10. dolce.vita

dolce.vita Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    so just using all the sager win7 drivers and I am fine?