*** Official Clevo P150EM / Sager NP9150 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Good luck with the long shifts, sleep well too ;)

ferris209 likes this.
  2. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    So far so good, installed the new EVO 860 after cloning my install over from the Crucial M4 to the new EVO by putting it in the adapter and sliding it into the bay. Switched out the msata and it fired right up.

Then, in preparation for a future investment of a larger SSD because I still want to take advantage of the sata III the bay offers, I converted my Win 10 install from MBR to GPT using my Windows 10 PE, except for a small snag where it didn't see my OS (needed to enable the recovery partition) it converted quick and works like a charm.

Now I hope to eventually get a 1 TB (or maybe 2TB if the price is right) Samsung EVO 2.5 SSD to use as my OS and leave the EVO 1TB msata in for storage. I have no clue why my system just wouldn't recognize the first SSD I bought, the Sandisk, but it sees this Samsung easily and it even picked it right up using the 2.5 adapter in the same bay where the Sandisk wasn't working. Moving from MBR to GPT made the boot a little quicker, plus now it should be ready to clone to any sized SSD I desire in the future with no problems, if I even do that. May just do a clean install the next go 'round. But thanks guys for the help!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    No problem, glad you got it sorted :)

ferris209 likes this.
  4. rci3044

rci3044 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hi, I recently installed a GTX 980m. It all went without a hitch and then I checked the BIOS tonight and noticed that it says the VGA card is empty instead of listing the video card. It used to say "AMD Radeon HD 7970M" but now it says "empty." I am using the Prema Mod version 2.15.1227. The Windows Device Manager identifies it as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M" and I have not experienced any issues that I know of. There is a marked improvement over the AMD card. So, is there anything really wrong? Why is the BIOS not identifying the card? Thanks!

5. t6nn_k

t6nn_k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    All is good so don't worry about it.

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    That string just detects the device ID against a little table, if it finds it then it shows the name in the table, if not it shows unknown. That's the end of it. It does nothing else.

7. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Snagged me a Samsung Evo 860 1tb SSD today from Newegg’s eBay store for $127. So this will probably be my last upgrade to the ol’ NP9150 before I go shopping for its replacement later on this year. I’ll be hoping for another Sager, just thinner and lighter than my current one hopefully with at least two or three storage options. I could sacrifice the on-board BD drive if there that option. Again, not seriously looking just yet, just throwing it out there.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    jclausius likes this.
  8. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    SSDs just keep dropping, it's great :)

jclausius and ferris209 like this.
  9. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    While I didn't get a quote from NewEgg for quite that low ($147), I do see a price drop. Amazon has dropped their prices as well!

10. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It would have been the msata version I'm guessing?