*** Official Clevo P150EM / Sager NP9150 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I think it is something in the bios, or perhaps a disk issue itself. But I have it installed in the HDD bay and it just won't show up on the computer or in the bios. I pull it out and plug it in via USB and there it is. I put the old HDD into the bay and it shows up just fine.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Have your u tried the clone straight from msata to 2.5" bay (not using usb drive)

3. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I'd love to, but I can't get my computer to recognize or see the SSD at all when I put it in the bay. My last idea is the reflash the bios, but I don't even have a copy. It seems my computer does not see the SSD at all when it is plugged into the bay.

4. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I even tried doing a fresh install, but the computer just won't see the SSD at all whenever I plug it into the bay. Windows 10 setup doesn't see it whatsoever. I can ONLY get the drive detected by the bios when I use the "UEFI Firmware Settings" button on the Windows 10 Setup Troubleshoot. When I click that, the computer restarts straight into the BIOS and it says the drive is finally detected under the BOOT menu with the UEFI enabled. But I save and exit and the SSD is gone again, not seen in the BIOS or in any subsequent Windows 10 installation efforts

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  5. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What about a CMOS reset via unplugging the battery under the keyboard, I'm just spitballing now.

6. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Well, I could never figure this out, I have no clue if it was my BIOS or the drive itself, but plugging it into the bay was a no-go. I've given up on it and am sending it back to Amazon. Maybe I'll try again around Black Friday or if I see another nice deal on a good SSD. I have to get at least 2-3 more years out of this NP9150, which should be fairly easy. I had a new MB put in in 2016 and all I'd like now is a larger OS partition, the 256gb M4 is getting mighty tight. Which was the purpose of wanting this 1tb SSD.

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Samsung had some updated msata drives iirc that could be nice.

8. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Not a bad idea, I'll look into that, I was hoping to take advantage of the SATA III the bay offers over the SATA II of the mSATA. but a nice new 1TB mSATA would still serve me well if I could clone over my current setup and get it for around $200.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    A drive like that is going to be tested on the older platforms at least.

ferris209 likes this.
  10. ferris209

ferris209 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Just ordered one of these Samsung Evo 860 1TB for $267, no taxes out of CA to TX and a highly rated $10 Sabrent enclosure to make my new/old msata card sata compatible for cloning and storage. So, we'll find out sometime Saturday or Sunday if this will work out. Spent $100 more than I wanted, but I'm working 96 hrs this two weeks, so might as well get a treat.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781VNJVJ/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS6669V/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jclausius likes this.