*** Official Clevo P150EM / Sager NP9150 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decoy101x

Decoy101x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    80c max temp with 99gpu usage in Crysis 2 for over an hour of play. I think this is normal. stock paste from prostar.

but when i increase clocks to 850core 2200 mem temps max at about 87c. seems a bit high considering people have done 950core 2400mem and havent gone past 82 c. friend of mine suggested making sure the screws are tight on the gpu heatsink. maybe a repaste would be needed but i dont want to go through that crud

2. ryohazuki1

ryohazuki1 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Dreading weekends as I wait for my Sager to get through Phase 2. :( So anxious to receive this bad boy.

3. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This actually makes a lot of sense, thanks! The real question I have is why they added a second backslash key...

4. Mikaelft

Mikaelft Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    When did they move the key? I bought mine last summer.
    The small "enter" key is annyoing :(

5. smellon

smellon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Can someone please post a picture of the "new" keyboard please?

I believe I have the older keyboard with the Windows key on the left and just wanted to compare. So far though, I haven't had any issues with it. *Knock on wood*

6. Mikaelft

Mikaelft Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone have the newest drivers for webcam drivers for Windows 8?
    The camera is working fine in the metro app, but on the desktop skype the image is stuttering/flickering.

7. xf0rgiven

xf0rgiven Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I only had my laptop for about a week and half and the windows key is on the left. Also the windows key is the windows 8 logo not the windows 7 loigo

8. E.Blar

E.Blar Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    All of the pictures in Sager's gallery of notebooks with backlit keyboards have been updated to show the new one. Here: http://sagernotebook.com/images/products/9150_3.jpg

EDIT: scratch that, I just noticed they don't. That's odd, a few months ago I was just looking at them...

I really could use a word on what case would be good to buy quickly, as I'll be in town tonight and have a good opportunity to pick one up.

9. Decoy101x

Decoy101x Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    so i tried that foil mod to reduce heat as in crysis 2 i was getting up to 86c and i even saw 87c once. Played crysis 2 for over an hour after the mod and i saw the temp peak at 81c for a split second but it hovered around 78 - 80 for the most part. Im curious as to if ive used too much foil on the gpu and/or cpu. idle woudl be about 40c. I'm now seeing it at 36c

[​IMG]

i also made sure the screws on the gpu were tight. i found 2 of the screws had about two spins in them before they were confident tight (not Hercules tight)

hopefully someone can put some insight in this as to if i've used too much foil tape or not.

10. mickyyy

mickyyy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thats about how much I have used. I also used some on the sides of the gpu though to fill the massive gap inbetween the fan and the copper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.