**Official Clevo P150EM / Sager NP9150 Owner's Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Ryan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. festa_freak

festa_freak Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, first post on this forum after lurking for a few weeks.

I've heard about the headphone jack audio problems in the 9130, does this problem affect the 9150 as well? And if so, is it just user setting errors (5.1 vs 2.1 etc.)? Also, the only reason I would get the 9150 over the 9130 would be future upgradability. Where would I buy a mobile version of a GPU? I've tried searching ncix, tigerdirect.ca and newegg.ca for the 7970m and 680m (just to try the seach) and I couldn't find them by themselves.
    Basically, in 3 years or so when I want to upgrade my GPU, will I be able to find one that is compatible with the 9150?

I love the low key look of these sagers. I was contemplating the Y580 or MSI GE60 but am glad I waited and read reviews. They are hot! So, I've bumped up my $1200 inclusive budget a little and am thinking of sager. I will probably order from reflexnotebook. The big decision now is 9130 or 9150. I will just get lowest possible video card for now, the 670 and a few modest upgrades.

Also, I'm thinking about the wireless upgrade. I want the 6300 ultimate but I think I'd probably kick myself in a little while for not getting bluetooth. It's always handy to have for transferring pictures or using other periphrials.

BTW: I'm coming from a dell inspiron 6400 w/ ATI X1400 (OOOOOOOOOO shiny) so whatever I get will be a HUGE upgrade. I spent $1200 back then so I figured I could make $1200 last another 5 years :p

Edit 2: Also, I want to get a laptop before Windows 8 becomes standard but I'd hope that these specialty vendors would give the option of win7 after 8 is out. Perhaps I can get the $15 upgrade to win8 and sell it? Does that sound like a plan?

2. arg8

arg8 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Sounds like your screen has been impacted... are your sure they are scratches and not "cracks"? If you flex the LCD a little by grabbing the two top corners and pushing gently in one hand and pulling with the other, do you notice anything? Do the scratches or cracks change appearance?

3. HTWingNut

HTWingNut Mostly Harmless...

Reputations:
    No, it's the 256GB version mSATA. It can run at SATA III speeds but the P150EM only has SATA II on the eSATA port. Cost is $215 :)

4. Beefsticks

Beefsticks Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    That thing needs 2 amps. That's not very good that its still dependent on wall power. My enclosure runs off of bus power so I can use it anywhere. Plus, USB 2.0 can fully saturate the speed of the DVDrom since laptop optical drivers are slower so it doesn't matter which interface you get, really.

I have an older metal enclosure that requires 2 USB plugs, but there are others that just need 1:

Super External USB enclosure caddy case for MacBook 9.5mm 12.7mm SATA superdrive | eBay

External USB Slot Load Enclosure Case For CA10N CA21N Blu-ray Combo BD-ROM Drive | eBay

5. extide

extide Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  6. DominikCZE

DominikCZE Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Thankfully not, and none of them run all the way to the edge of the screen. All they do is change color with different view angles, as the light passing through gets distorted (I guess). No idea what this is, no new appearing though now.

I never worked screens, is there some kind of a layer in front of the actual screen?

7. zeb323

zeb323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think tonight is the night....I am finally going to order my NP9150. I am so excited!!! :D

8. zeb323

zeb323 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I was wondering if it is possible for me to remove my optical drive later on and replace it with a secondary SSD without voiding my warrenty. I don't want to do that now because I don't want to spend all that cash right now but if I want to down the road can I do that and just keep my optical drive in some sort of case which can be used through USB?

9. Chaytup

Chaytup Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yeah as long as you don't explode anything with a hammer it doesn't affect your warranty. And I've been looking into enclosures for the optical drive-- honestly, it's about the same price for an external one save maybe $5, and no hassle of setting it up. I'm getting one of these Amazon.com: LG GP10NB20 Portable 8X Slim DVD+/-RW External Drive (Black): Electronics and most enclosures for optical drives that I can find seem to be around $22~

10. CabooseMSG

CabooseMSG Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I still have no problem with this laptop. I mean sure, some people are going to have a bad one, but many others dont! Personally, my BF3 works absolutely wonderful, and I dont really have any FPS issues, even at highest settings.