*** Official Clevo NB50TK1/ NB50TJ1/ NB50TL Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Mar 31, 2018.

1. storm88

storm88 Newbie

Reputations:
    Base on inhouse tests,

8700K boots and works perfectly fine in NB50TK1, Hey it's still H370 chipset anyhow :lol:

It won't take long to take the throttle kicks in. So putting a 8700K basically is a waste of $.

sicily428 likes this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    It's not designed for the higher TDPs, that's what the bigger machines are for.

3. abirato

abirato Newbie

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm whether a 4K (3820x2160) or 3K (2880x1620) panel will work in the NB50tk1? I know that the cable will need to be upgraded to a 40-pin, but they are easy to get. The question is will the socket on the motherboard accept it?

The hardware is perfectly capable of supporting a 4K/3K panel (1050ti etc), just wondered if it would work.

Thanks!

4. Hampy87

Hampy87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, can someone tell me if the nb50tk1 will support coffee lake refresh cpu like i3 9100F? Maybe with some BIOS update?

Thanks.

5. amirbahalegharn

amirbahalegharn Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I know that in china, all models including nb50tk1 have a bios to support 9th gen as well.if anyone have access to "pan.baidu" and reupload/mirror the folder to MEGA/Gdrive ,that would be awesome for clevo/MSI users:
    link: https://pan.baidu.com/s/1B8W4H5o3n5vbanSYskayjw
    extraction code: 1234

6. Hampy87

Hampy87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your reply. I eventually went with an i3-8100 that i got quite cheap. This is absolutely fine for my needs.

But i have another question. I tried to connect my nb50tk1 via HDMI to a 4K TV and only got max 30Hz. I used the same HDMI cable that i use for my PC which is connected to the same TV 4K 60Hz. Is it possible that the HDMI port of the clevo is only 1.4? And if so... can anybody tell me if i can use the USB 3.1 C port for 4K 60Hz output? I would like to clarify this before i buy an adapter.

Thanks in advance

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Cant remember off the top of my head but your manual will tell you.

8. Hampy87

Hampy87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Well that was the first source i have been looking at and guess what... it tells nothing. It only refers to HDMI Output Port without any specs. Also i can't find any info if the USB Type C will deliver a video signal :(. I thought that maybe someone tried that and could help me before i buy something that won't do the job.

Thanks.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    No mention in the manual of display port over usb means it's not supported, for 4k outputs please use the mini displayports.

10. Hampy87

Hampy87 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hmm ok. Thats a huge bummer. I can't find any good mini DP to HDMI 4k@60Hz converter and TVs usually do not have a DP. But thank you for your reply.