*** Official Clevo N970TC / N970TD / N970TF Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Feb 14, 2019.

1. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    With the Nvidia drivers you should be able to get runtime power management working so the GPU could dynamically switch between D0 / D3 power states exactly as it does in Windows. It should be very similar power consumption to what I am seeing as it calls the same ACPI methods as bbswitch to change states.

2. jmthomas1987

jmthomas1987 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hope so. I got it working really well with my Precision M6700 with a Quadro K4000. Only thing I do is switch between Nvidia and Intel drivers in the Nvidia manager, logout, then log back in. On the Intel drivers, I can get around 4 to 5 hours, but that is also with a 92 watt/hr battery.

I would be happy with 2 to 3 with this N970TF. It will be plugged in probably 85% of the time.

3. jmthomas1987

Reputations:
    Woo hoo! Amazon dropped off my TF three days early!

I ordered it real late Saturday night, and delivery was projected for Friday the 27th, which was fine by me.

Eluktronics must be doing expedited shipping for the holiday, because it shipped Monday afternoon, and I got it about an hour ago.

All I can say is a major "Thank You, and Merry Christmas", to the Eluktronics folks. They really made my Christmas.

B0B and tps3443 like this.
  4. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Awesome. What CPU/GPU did you get?

5. jmthomas1987

Reputations:
    I5-9400 / RTX 2070

I figure it is a decent combo to start with. Got a 512Gb NVME / 16Gb RAM setup.

This coming weekend I am adding a Samsung 970 Evo 512Gb, which I will swap out the stock NVME for, as my Win10 OS drive. The original NVME will be for Linux (Linux Mint 19.3, and Manjaro with I3 desktop). Also loading in a 3 month old 1TB WD Blue SATA SSD for a games/storage drive.

My plan is all solid state to maximize battery life, and through-put.

6. tps3443

tps3443 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mia the GPU embedded in this laptop?

7. jmthomas1987

Reputations:
    Here is my display. It seems a lot brighter in the pic than it actually is.

Only have just a little back light bleed in the upper left corner. Other than that, it is a great looking panel. Back light bleed.jpg

8. jmthomas1987

Reputations:
    Yes, it is. It would be nice if it was a MXM card, but for the money, it is fine.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Pictures do tend to exaggerate light bleed, you could double check it's not bezel pressure by seeing if unclipping the bezel there makes any difference.

B0B likes this.
  10. jmthomas1987

Reputations:
    I may try that a bit later on. Just got it and I don't want to start taking it apart already. My wife would have a fit if she saw that. Lol

Now just have to figure out how to get back into the BIOS again. Got in once using the F2 key just after powering it up the first few times, but after letting Windows do all its update, the F2 key doesn't seem to allow Bios access after POST. It just boots to Windows.

Knew I should have done more than just look around. Should have disabled Safe Boot and TPM when I was in there.