*** Official Clevo N970TC / N970TD / N970TF Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Feb 14, 2019.

1. t456

t456 1977-09-05, 12:56:00 UTC Moderator

Reputations:
    Merged both N970Tx threads, that way no posts are lost. Used yours as the base thread since it was the older one.

2. Mashreef Ahmed

Mashreef Ahmed Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looking forward to see the thermals on the i7 version

3. PXHome

PXHome Newbie

Reputations:

WOWWWWWW i9-9900 stress test at low 80? Seems too good to be true!!!

4. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Yeah, thats correct. I had one with an i9-9900 and it had no trouble cooling the 65W CPU.

5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Nice big die with the same TDP so it's still good :)

6. DeanoM

DeanoM Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone have a unlocked bios, or the latest bios by chance?

7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    The latest will be from your reseller. No unlocked ones that I know of as there would be little point.

8. DeanoM

DeanoM Newbie

Reputations:
    Indeed, only older bios's out there. Reseller has no interest in supplying bios.

Why "little point"? Can list quite a few disabled settings that would greatly enhance the system.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What sort of settings?

10. DeanoM

DeanoM Newbie

Reputations:
    Xmp is by far the most annoying option not to have. Forcing me to use Xtu to set my profile is absurd.

I overclock as a hobby over at hwbot. Laptops prove to be the greatest challenge, due to tdp limitations, and just the sheer amount of cooling available. Hell had the laptop 30 minutes before I voided the warranty by putting liquid metal on the gpu hs.

Funny to gather points you have to balance the system as a whole, instead of brute force like the desktop counterparts. For those interested my hwbot hwbot.org/user/deanomax/

So imo buying a desktop replacement should follow the same path as if it was a traditional system, when it comes to settings within the bios.

Would you accept a neutered bios on your gaming desktop motherboard? Due to the vast majority of users, being practically braindead when it comes to bios's? No, because that would be absurd.

I mean there is absolutely nothing enabled for user control in this system. Its insane. I even called eluktronics, and told them Id waive any liability towards them for an unlocked bios. Sure you know where that went. They didnt even have a driver page for my model, and instead directed me to clevos download repository.

Dont get me started on trying to find software to adjust and manipulate my system via windows.

Then again for 1,099 bucks shipped to my door with a rtx2070 maxq that runs at 1600mhz + comfortably at under 70c, is well worth the aggravation imo. Plus I will be recieving an unlocked bios from the bios gods thankfully.

Glad I didnt have to wait on my deadbeat reseller lmao.