*** Official Clevo N960TP6 / N960TD / N960TF Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Misant

Misant Newbie

Reputations:
    Mmm I hope it's possible to do this without soldering things, every time I have had to solder something, things goes rly bad...
    I actually have huge regret of buying this laptop, I feel like I have power but laptop is castrated -_-.

I have no clue on how to handle "overclocking" on this... Increase CPU power decrease GPU power and vice versa... Things are even worst when I stress test with avx... FurMark + Prime95 shutdown laptop in less than 1mn or put power supply in security and laptop goes on battery

Currently I do 8031 in time spy... don't even know if it's good, normal or if it suck. Pretty sure laptop with laptop cpu and 2070 do same score :/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  2. 95bat

95bat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Your CPU score looks higher than most of the 8750H and 9750H scores I've seen. The few I saw in the MSI threads were over 1,000 points lower on CPU. The graphics scores were closer. Some were higher, some were lower.

I like this laptop so far, hopefully it works out well. I dont understand how its priced so well!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Don't run power virus software on any laptop...

4. Misant

Misant Newbie

Reputations:
    Yeah, price is good, I paid 1600€ and only added 16 gb memory stick for dual channel and 250GB SSD for system (laptop already come with 1TB SSD).
    Maybe I expect too much for this price. I digged much in benchmark results and it looks like it's ok. (but I'm sure it can be better with 330w PSU, vga bios unlock and better ram stick).

I'm a "desktop pc guy". In general I do huge tower with watercooling and I always do "heavy" overclock on CPU/ram/GPU...
    Testing for stability and heat was always 12-24h non stop OCCT AVX/OCCT GPU/Prime95/Furmark/memtest/... and always each component solo then everything at the sametime (yes It's near 1 week nonstop to test everything and you cry when it fail in the last test on a random memory error)
    Maybe it's stupid to expect same result with a laptop and maybe my testing process is totaly unadapted to laptop (And I know for many ppl it's an overkill even on desktop but I never had stability issue after OC validation with this process)

You mean testing laptop with avx instruction is stupid? or furmark ?
    Is there a good protocol to test for stability with laptop when undervolting ? Maybe 12h Aida64 stress test without FPU stress test (AVX) ? Or maybe I should play with AVX offset in bios ?

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Furmark and Prime95 at the same time is asking for trouble.

6. kolokolok170

kolokolok170 Newbie

Reputations:
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    What if you put one stick in the 2nd slot but not the first?

8. kolokolok170

kolokolok170 Newbie

Reputations:
    If I put ram only to second slot(first is empty), laptop starts, keybord lights are on, but it is stuck here. I can not even go to Bios (same thing happens if both slots are occupied). I can go to bios only if first slot is occupied and second is empty(in this case all works correctly).

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like it could be an issue with the slot, reach out to your reseller. You could do a visual inspection and see if anything is obvious with the soldering/contacts.

10. eviliu

eviliu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,

I recently bought a second hand N960TD, but whenever I boot it I get a:
    "CMOS Message
    A first boot or NVRAM reset condition has been detected (If you continue to see this messages, consult the system user's guide...)"
    How do I stop it from reseting the NVRAM on each boot?