*** Official Clevo N950TP6/N957TP6 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. smäggi

smäggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Meaker, tyvm for trying to help me out here. I finally fixed the errors and im using the laptop without problems since.

The reason i got this problem in the first place was that i read an instruction (in this thread i believe) where it say you should use the flashme instead of flash.nsh. THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG AND I HOPE S1 DELETES THIS POST.

You can only use it if you are in the disable ME mode. What i did was flashing the flashme.nsh (it will call a nvram reset at the end), disabling the ME after and patching to the newest ME FW and it worked perfectly. The reason i didnt figue it out was that i still got the new boot logo and version entries which looked like the bios update was complete. But it seems i was only flashing the Management engine.

Back to my ram problem:
    I read out values with speccy and CPUID which state that the 2666mhz are only available via XMPP (screens attached). It seems like this board does not support xmpp profiles? Since i want afap ram installed i either buy 2400 cl14 or is there anything im missing here?
    Right now i´m using this one https://geizhals.de/crucial-ballist...bls2k8g4s26bfsd-a1592501.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

Heres the ram i want to get:
    https://geizhals.de/kingston-hyperx-impact-so-dimm-8gb-hx424s14ib2-8-a1620462.html?hloc=at&hloc=de
    The funny thing is that it isnt labeled as dual ranked but when looking at the manufactoreres detail page it show clearly that modules are at both sides. https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424S14IB2K2_16.pdf

@mcalago
    I made a post at Page 33 which describes how far you can undervolt your gpu. Right now i am running @0,8V and over 1700 mhz and +300mhz ram without any crashes so far. In order to do that you need a) newest chipset driver (from intel not from your supplier) b) newest intel gpu drivers (i used the dch one, the intel driver was the main issue for bluescreens "nvlddmkm" error, be sure your control center looks like in my picture) and c) the latest nvidia driver. I am running the newest version of msi afterburner (not beta) and the newest statistics tuner. This way your gpu should be way cooler, i didnt reach more than around 80 like this (valley benchmark). Note that every GPU is different but i think 1600mhz shoul dnot be a problem for most cards. My Cpu is @-170mv and -130mv for the intel gpu (i5 8400). When watching a replay in Hots sometimes the cpu fan turns off oO.Hope this helps, here are some screens https://workupload.com/archive/gEKEZ92 :)

2. Houzo

Houzo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just installed exactly the HyperX ram from your link, works in 2666mhz mode without problems. I checked this with hwinfo. I've got the Clevo n957tp6 from Dubaro and all I did was a fresh install of Windows 10 and install the most important drivers from the Clevo homepage. Didn't change any settings whatsoever, it just worked plug and play.

The board seems to support 2666 mhz ram.

The 1060 is running at around 1700mhz constantly (MSI afterburner indicates that it hits power limit).

3. smäggi

Reputations:
    Cheers Houzu, thank you for making an account to reply here!

So it seems there is no support for xmpp.

What voltage you run at 1600 ? I just played around and i even got 1900mhz @ 0,9v looking stable, most of the time i dont need the extra power so i have not made a demanding profile yet :=

Can you confirm if the ram is dual ranked ? I think since it has coolers it should be.

You should be able to check this with cpuid at the SPD tab under ranks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Houzo likes this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Any heatspreader or sticker says nothing about the actual ram itself.

5. smäggi

Reputations:
    Yeah you are right.

6. Houzo

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yep, DDR = Double data rate. So your clock is 1333MHz and it gets double pumped to 2666MHz.

8. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKS = That sucks! Dont waste $$$$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    You mixed tech. See... Single rank memory vs. ram in single channel mode. Two different things.

9. Houzo

Reputations:
    I have a problem with my gpu. It's hitting power limit and can't maintain boost clock, doesn't matter what i do on MSI afterburner curve or if i have control center installed or not. The temps are in mid to high 70s. Clock drops after a few minutes in games (Witcher 3, 7 Days to die, Miscreated). Same happens in heaven benchmark. In this Video the guy maintains 1823 mhz and all he did was uninstall Control center, he just uses Afterburner for monitoring .
    Where can i download latest BIOS?
    I'm downloading all the drivers from clevo again and hope reinstalling them and doing a bios update will solve the problem. If it doesn't i'll do a clean reinstall of windows.
    I'm afraid that i installed some false drivers from clevo website because i selected the wrong laptop model and that messed everything up.
    Where can i find bios updates? http://www.clevo-systems.com/page/support-drivers is not available and in the manual it says bios updates should be available at https://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_partners.asp?lang=en but it seems only clevo partners can log in.

edit: don't know why but in cs:go the gpu boosts up to 1848 and stays there. Maybe it was related to the Software i was testing with?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  10. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    That sounds like normal operation, pascal is designed to boost under 100% load up until a limit is hit, either power, temperature, or max boost voltage. On mobile, power is most common. The yt vid you linked shows <100% gpu utilisation and only occasional power limit flag, so the limit is probably coming from frame cap or vsync to desktop refresh.

Some game loads are very light and will not load the gpu much at all (csgo) giving it more boost clocks, other heavier loads will hit the power limit harder and drop clocks well below base clock (furmark) while others won't (3dmark) despite also showing the "same" 100% load and gpu power draw

If you're hitting power limit and its not running too hot, there's literally no harm in maxing the core offset as high as is stable. It's not going to go past the power limit that's already being hit. It's effectively undervolting, freeing up power budget wasted on unnecessary voltage and putting it into higher clocks instead