*** Official Clevo N950TP6/N957TP6 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. smäggi

smäggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is describing my "normal" boot:
    Now i have the XMG logo an its showing it flashed the right bios but initialising is way slower than before. I can still boot Windows but my sound doesnt work, my keyboard seems being emulated (takes about 30 secs to react to presses) and my wlan was messed up (i fixed this by using the repair option in intel setup). I can even play demanding games and if i use usb Keyboard/Mouse its all fine.

This describes my tries of getting the MESET to work:
    After i found out i forgot the meset, i tried it out and it gives me black screen even after 10 minutes the Keyboard went from rgb to blue (fan was full on so it kinda works). I tried this over windows and with the apex shell for efi flash (https://www.mysn.de/driver/5_Sonstiges/Tools/Shell_for_EFI_Flash.zip). I also tried disabling UEFI and removing the CMOS battery.

I will post a video later if i find the time, thanks for the fast response!

2. ryannguyen69

ryannguyen69 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Recently I noticed that my 1060 clock speed is much lower after I sent it back for USB port repair. 1886 and now is 1228 at its best. Do you guys have any idea what's causing this?

3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Check your windows and nvidia power settings, look in MSI afterburner at what is going on.

4. smäggi

Reputations:
    I made a vid showing my clevo boot/behave:

https://workupload.com/file/wbMPHeEy

So i cannnot use 2666 mhz because the Notebook does not support XMP profiles?

@ryannguyen69 This could be normal (when games dont need to utilize full power these chips have a power saving mode resulting in a lower voltage/clock), try using GPU Z and let Afterburner display the clock, it should rise as high as possible on default. If not check your curve in Afterburner by pressing CTRL + F, you can see which Voltage/Clock you are running on the fly when you are testing and have the curve editor open. Maybe you pressed L which locks a certain point. You can also put the highest clock (not the highes possible, the highges in your whole curve) on 0,8V depending on you model you can reach a very good speed with a very low power consumption (1050TI 1455mhz, 1600 1600mhz, 1080TI 1650 Mhz). Theese are my tested values and worked stable in Games (even hunt showdown). Hope that helps.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Have you tried a re-install? Does the bios menu react normally to keyboard presses on the internal?

6. ryannguyen69

Reputations:
    I not sure what was causing that. I found that the gpu is locked at 0.7v. After removed MSI AB and driver than reinstalled both and reapplied the curve. I have managed to get it run correctly. Thanks anyways, guys.

7. smäggi

Reputations:
    The keyboard is working fine when in bios. What do you mean by reinstall ? Windows or the BIOS update? I have not messed around with it since i did not want to mess up further and wait for some response.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  8. ryannguyen69

Reputations:
    After a "normal" day, it got back to the problem. In heaven, it reported the intended clock speed but the actual is much lower. Also, something cross my eyes is the 1060 is in "idle".I set to max power in the Nvidia control panel and the ultimate performance power profile in windows.
    Noname.jpg

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Sounds like the gpu is refusing to enter the highest P state, nvidia inspector can be used to try and force it. Either a driver or firmware issue most likely.

10. ryannguyen69

Reputations:
    I did look though Nvidia inspector, nothing seems to alert me. Accidentally, when I tried to install the latest version of CC, I found that if my computer doesn't have it, the clock speed of GPU is completely fine.