*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Varun Agrawal

Varun Agrawal Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello. I have a problem with crashes on battery. My laptop is <2 years old. From some time, I have this problem. When it's on power, it works fine. It also works fine on the battery as long as I don't move it. As soon as I move it physically, it crashes. Can you tell what's the problem and what should I do? I recently bought a new battery so I am sure battery is not the issue.

2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What kind of crash?

3. Varun Agrawal

Reputations:
    Hard system crash. It just shutdowns immediately. No freezing or delay, just shutdown as if you remove the power.

4. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Could be a loose battery connector either holding the battery or the contacts to the motherboard.

5. egll

egll Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everyone!

I got my clevo n950tp6 at least 2 years ago and I want to re-apply thermal paste to the GPU, any idea how can I remove the bigger back plate? I have removed all the screws, but something in the center (exactly on top of the GPU) is blocking me to be able to pull it out.
    I have looked online any method to remove it, but still no luck. I have seen some people of the forum did it, could you please post pictures of the procedure to take out the larger back plate?

6. Varun Agrawal

Reputations:
    Hello! I had the chance to do it 2 weeks ago (for Clevo N957TP6.. but I think they are similar laptop. I don't have pictures. But here is the process.

1. Remove the back tray to get access to RAM area.
    2. Remove the keyboard screw and eject the keyboard (Manual explain how to do this too)
    3. Remove all the screws in front side of laptop (I think they are around 4 and will be visible after you eject the keyboard)
    4. Remove all the screws in the base of laptop
    5. Remove all the scews in the battery cabinet (white ones, required).

Now you can remove the back body. To open the GPU, it's recommend to open the screw labelled 8 to 5 in the order. And also tight them, the order is reveresed to 5,6,7,8.

Note: GPU seem like it's stuck even after removing GPU screws. But try to shake it in different directions slowly and it will come out.

egll likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    As above I believe it should be the same process for yours.

8. egll

egll Newbie

Reputations:
    Thank you. Finally I was able to access the GPU, I had a little trouble ejecting the keyboard, because none of my iFixIt kit tools was slim enough to access the hole and I didn't received an ejection tool (as the manual says), anyways it seems the ink cartridge from a parker pen could do the job.

9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    I'm surprised the bits from the Ifixit kit would not do it, either way nice work.

10. rebelll

rebelll Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi,
    i'd like to buy Clevo N957TP6 i7-8700 with GTX 1060 but i have few questions:

1. Can i buy for example fast 2x Samsung PM981 512GB SSD M.2 2280 and use raid 0 to get the best permormance? Will it work at full speed or something will slow down and better not to use raid 0?

2. Delidding i7 8700 - should i use Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut or other liquid metal?

3. What should i use (best option or budget option) for processor and gpu - Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or...?

4. I'd like to change display (need to work in photoshop, video editing also) - what should i use? If possible it will be great to have 4k - AU Optronics AUO23EB will fit, will be the best option or there is better option?

Thanks in advance for any tips :)