*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    The older Pascal models (like yours) used a Z370.
    I testeted it on a N960TD with Turing (all the new ones are H370).
    Point being it can't really handle the stock clocks and power draw of a 9900...

amirbahalegharn likes this.
  2. paul_cgn

paul_cgn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks a lot for the clarification. I think I will just live with 6 cores on my laptop for the time being and do the time consuming tasks on a 'real' machine (will likely get a EPYC 7702P 64-core monster soon...).

Prema likes this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Z chipset are in the p series only, the VRM and cooling is not setup for overclocking so a z series chipset is not used to save money.

4. mcalago

mcalago Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hey fellas did a new video about CPU cooling comparison. As additional information i have repasted both cpu and gpu with arctic mx-4 2019 but noticed that cpu still goes hot. i read many solved this problem by uninstalling CCC so i also did but it wasnt effecting at all , after that i installed obsidian pc control software and undervolted via software.

4W4K3 likes this.
  5. Mech in love with Tech

Mech in love with Tech Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys, I just ordered this laptop and I also ordered an i5-9400f with 8GB 2666mhz ram. I asked Schenker to bios upgrade it for me, and when I asked about CPU support they said that 9400 is supported but they don't know about 9400f and they don't have the CPU to test it out. I e-mailed Clevo regarding this matter, they sent me a pdf with the supported CPU's and there were only 4 of them (i3-8100, i5-8400, i7-8700,i5-9400). I asked them about i5-9400f but I got no reply back, so I cancelled my order on the 9400f :( . Is there a chance any of you can experiment on that and test an i5-9400f on the new bios to see if it works?

6. slipknot7909

slipknot7909 Newbie

Reputations:
    Dudes, help me pls!
    Where i can buy keyboard for N950TP?

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Resellers, ebay or ali Express type places.

8. Faktora

Faktora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wanted to repaste my laptop and since im going in I might aswell change the thermal pads with something with higher W/mK. Can anyone tell me the thickness of the original ones that are preinstalled. Also if anyone have already done that what did you use? I see many people use the Arctic pads but they are 6W/mK and I was thinking of getting atleast the Alphacool Eisschicht that are 11W/mK, sooo what will you suggest me?

9. Faktora

Faktora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow you are lucky one. I managed to undervolt my i5-8400 to -125mV, after that it crashes so I keep it @-120mV since its stable and I have no performance loss with it. GJ

10. bigspin

bigspin My Kind Of Place

Reputations:
    Get 2x 1.0mm and 2x 0.5mm Gelid GP extreme pads. Then stack up if you need higher thickness pads. Use your eye to measure pad sizes. Original clevo pads are very soft. So if you find 1.5mm thickness pads and see grooves, that usually translates to 1mm aftermarket pads.

I measured original pad height and use the exact same measurements when I change pads for P775TM. then learned the lesson. Aftermarket pads not squeeze as much as originals, so they will reduced heatsink contact pressure

Gelid pads rated 12W/mk. They are also reasonably soft.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk