*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually they are not swappable.

2. AlexHu

AlexHu Newbie

Reputations:
    So, now I have a Clevo N957TD with Intel i5 8400 and RTX 2060, 1 TB NVMe and 1 TB 2,5" SSD. Do you guys have questions I might could answer or give you an insight on this machine? What are you interested in?

Prostar Computer likes this.
  3. Mithras1337

Mithras1337 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've got the same notebook.

Did you manage to put the ControlCenter-Fan setting to "Custom" and make it remember that after reboot? I have to put it back there after every reboot.

4. smäggi

smäggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The fancontrol of theese clevo laptops are quite useless in my opinion. I highly advise to checkout https://code.obsidian-pc.com/clevo-software/fan-control/ but maybe your model is not supported. For me it works like a charm and its one of the best fan control software i ever used.

Mithras1337 likes this.
  5. smäggi

Reputations:
    I´m having issues with controling my brightness settings for my display on my N957TP6. Since i am using the newer DCH drivers its not possible to alter the brightness at all, before it was working. Anyone having the same issue?

6. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Have you tried a different version again?

7. smäggi

Reputations:
    I have tried various dch versions, i even got the app from the store (the newer one for dch). I went back to the latest driver found on the clevo site (24.20.100.6219) now i can set the brightness in the intel app (again from the store but the older one) but when i use the "ballon tip menu" it seems to have no effect, aswell as the brightness setting in windows (i guess they are the same). I remember there was a point in time this was just working... :(

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  8. smäggi

Reputations:
    This is because nvme and sata ssd´s need a lot of free space to reach the highest speeds, i have an 1tb samsung nvme and an intel 660p 2tb and by benchmarks are fine. The intel one is very attractive due to its low price level and tbh who needs 3g/s? When loading windows u definately wont get it, nor by starting programs. Better get a big drive with large space so you have consistend speeds. What is very important for ssd´s is disabling defrag for this drive in order to make it live longer, especially when you run a drive with low amounht of space. Trim usually works out of the box.

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 11:15 PM
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    As I stated after that post that's the rated speed for the drive. It's down to number of NAND die it can stripe across.