*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes it is working again.

2. Gebbi

Gebbi Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there, I´m going to order a N950TP6 with i7-8700 cpu and have some questions before ordering:
    - how about the performance when you have opened about 10 firefox-windows - will this work or will it slow down the system and/or increase the fan speed?
    - I have to use an usb-hub (because of several devices like mice / keyboard / ext. usb hard discs) or docking station (same as usb-hub + LAN / audio) - will this work or might it slow down the acces to these devices?
    I´m asking because I´m quite unsatisfied with the performance of my current ACER-Notebook (Nitro 5) regarding the topics above.
    Thanks, Gebbi

3. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It all depends on load for power/thermals. How much CPU are those tabs eating in the background? (Should be near 0 for a decent browser) it should not slow down.

A usb3 hub offers a good amount of bandwidth and will operate at full speed with the machine.

4. Gebbi

Gebbi Newbie

Reputations:
    Ok thanks for your reply.
    At the moment I´m struggling a bit - is there an overview what´s the difference between the N950TP6 and the N957TP6 ?

5. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    Different cosmetics.

6. paul_cgn

paul_cgn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,
    will there be a bios upgrade to support the recently announced Intel 9th gen Coffee Lake Refresh CPUs? I know that XMG already released one that supports the 9400 model. It would be great if even the new 8 core models (9900, 9900T, 9700) were being added to the list.
    Cheers
    Paul

7. AlexHu

AlexHu Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey Paul. Where did you get that Information? I just saw on the taiwanesian clevo homepage, that this systems support cpus of the 9th iteration. see here: https://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_prodetail.asp?id=1144&lang=en
    I´m pretty new to the barebone and clevo things and i am excited for the community and to do with this powerhorses. :) and btw I am from cgn too (if it´s about the city with the cathedral, you know :)

8. paul_cgn

paul_cgn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi Alex,
    I just noticed that this thread now also includes the N95xTD versions. I have a N957TP6 and wonder what might be the difference between those models. Do they share the same Mainboard? Apart from the GPU they seem to be pretty similar....
    XMG doesn't seem to sell the new versions under their own brand, though. For the TP6 you could just use their bios (they named the model Apex15).
    Yeah, I was born in Cologne, but now I live most of the time in Chamonix (French Alps).

AlexHu likes this.
  9. Meaker@Sager

Reputations:
    It would be a new motherboard for the GPU.

10. AlexHu

AlexHu Newbie

Reputations:
    Oh well, this is pretty interesting. I have to look, which version i got. It arrived at friday last week, so I´m quite in the process for setup and testing and the i5 8600 is at the moment more than capable of everything I want. Do you guys know, if the mainboard is changeable? Or is this process connected to too much effort and cost?