*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. smäggi

smäggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Faktora

Faktora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yep, thanks found what I needed! :)
    Another thing, where can I download the Clevo Control Center, because from the Clevo Website I can not download anything from USA or EU links, I can only use the Asia link. Or if any of you have it some where uploaded (I am talking the 5.0001.1.97 version), I would love to download it or have it sent via email.

3. smäggi

Reputations:
    Faktora likes this.
  4. mcalago

mcalago Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Good news everyone! XMG released new bios update so our devices support i5 9400 CPU now.

Also here is a short gameplay test from The Division 2 Open Beta. As you can see my temperatures all messed up. I think i must repaste again.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    FTW_260 likes this.
  5. smäggi

Reputations:
    Anyone ever tried to get linux working ? I tried steamos and ubuntu but none of them work out of the box. Steamos is giving me and oops on the login and ubuntu keeps crashing after login (Watchdog error on cpu#2 for 22s is shown in terminal, this repeats and it doesnt register input any more). I tried installing in uefi mode and have 10 07 10 bios installed.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What versions are you installing?

7. smäggi

Reputations:
    I´ve tried ubuntu 18.4 and 18.10, steamos (idk newest from their site), and the newest Archlinux (didnt find a working download yet for manjaro)

What i noticed when installing all versions there seems to be a problem with the acpi, i often got an error like this in console and quickly after that the system became unresponsive. In this paricular case i tried to power off from archlinux install. But i was getting the same or similar error in an installed ubuntu login screen. What also bothered me is that the steamos and ubuntu installer could not power off after succesfull install and i had to manually power off.
    acpi-error-linux.jpg

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  8. mcalago

mcalago Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    you might want to look at this page someone installed linux and shared all files within

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuggestALa...evo_n950tp6_or_n957tp6_does_anybody_have_any/

9. Faktora

Faktora Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:

Is it only update to support i5 9400 and are there any other major changes? Should I update it if im not considering changing my CPU?

10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Usually not unless you have an issue.