*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Houzo

Houzo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, that's where i bought the software and it runs fine, more options than in control center.

My BIOS is version 2.18.1263.
    What is EC and where can i check the version?

Is there any source for bios updates? can't find them on the clevo site...

2. Prostar Computer

Prostar Computer Company Representative

Reputations:
    That's likely the BIOS setup utility version. Your BIOS & EC versions will look something like: 1.05.xx Enter the setup (hold F2 at boot or restart) and the BIOS & EC are listed under 'Main'.

Updates should come from your seller, but are not usually published online. You'll have to request them.

3. smäggi

smäggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Meaker Yes i know that but houzo has problems with his nvidia clock so i dont see a connection here.

@Houzo I found a site where you can get bios updates (https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/N9xTP6/), even though i would suggest contacting your reseller i dont think that there is a difference. You could also use the Apex 15 bios updates since it is the same mobo. I can also provide you the Bios i got from my reseller (barebone-notebooks.com), the versions are the same (EC10707 and B10710). I had some problems with updating bios because i read a wrong post and i flashed the one from the Apex 15 and after the one from my reseller. The only difference i could see was the bootup screen which was showing XMG instead of Stylenote. In the end i got it working without any problems. Maybe the EC of XMG has a less agressive fan curve but i cant think of more changes, why would they risk breaking things.

The EC is for controlling a lot of low level functions https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embedded_controller.
    Always update the EC first and then the Bios itself, you can read on page 35 how i did it (just flash the EC before).
    If you need any help just ask and i explain further.

Funny thing about the ram is that it has chiplets on both sides even though it should be single ranked, maybe there are other indicators?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    XTU wont be reporting issues with his nvidia gpu.

5. paul_cgn

paul_cgn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anybody know if the new generation cpus like i5-9400 will be running on this? What about a future i9-9900 (non-k)? As far as I know it should meet the 65W TDP requirement.
    Cheers
    Paul

6. Houzo

Reputations:
    So as it turns out I only have problems with Nvidia clock in the Witcher 3. Everything else runs fine. Benchmarks, other games, no problem. Witcher 3 with control center: clock drops to 1110 mhz after a few minutes. I reinstalled the game, same problem. Without control center, no problem at all. Strange. I don't know what causes this. But since everything else runs fine I'm not so concerned anymore.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

7. mcalago

mcalago Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    i think i got also low clock problems with mine. Was looking other gtx 1060 laptop benchmarks and almost every one of them were at 1860 or 1900 then i realised mine can go up max 1820.

8. Houzo

Reputations:
    Did you try overclocking? Are you sure that the Benchmarks you looked at didn't overclock?
    What was the Benchmark you did? I'll run it too and see what my clock speed will be.
    Are you running Clevo Control Center in performance mode? Set the Nvidia Driver to prefer maximum performance?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    What benchmarks specifically? There are also some small variations chip to chip.

10. cgltower

cgltower Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations: