*** Official Clevo N950TP6 / N957TP6 / N950TD / N957TD Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Jan 4, 2018.

1. smäggi

smäggi Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Houzo Could you post your cinebench score? Best case with normal priority and no energy save mode

2. Houzo

Houzo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Here you go! Don't know why it says Windows 8, i have Windows 10 Pro installed.
    Is my score good? https://imgur.com/a/51qiQy7

3. smäggi

Reputations:
    Looking good, i am around 866 points with my 2400 cl 16 ram

4. Houzo

Reputations:
    What's your OpenGL FPS?

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

5. smäggi

Reputations:
    It shows 92,9 fps, it think i will upgrade my ram soon :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  6. jclausius

jclausius Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Perhaps Alienware re-identified this market segment - http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/ordered-an-alienware-area-51m-from-hidevolution.826914/.

I hope Dell eventually makes some of the sales numbers of the Area51m public so other ODMs can get an idea of how large this market is, and how they may have missed the boat by not keeping current on their designs or being bold with a new HEDT (octo core or higher CPU) design.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Papusan and sicily428 like this.
  7. Houzo

Reputations:
    has anyone figured out a way to control the led keyboard without control center?
    i had to remove control center to solve throtteling issues. i can't download the latest version of it (the one from December 14 2018) because the download always fails at 99%. Can someone upload the file somewhere? or does anyone have a program to control the led keyboard?
    i tried with obsidian keyboard led app but no matter how i set it up, my keyboard doesn't apply the changes.

8. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    The reason you are experiencing throttling is because the Clevo Control Center installs its own XTU.

Uninstall it, then uninstall the XTU Components if you see them in the Control Panel > Programs & Features.

Then download Autoruns and run Autoruns64.exe as admin, then type XTU in the search filter and delete any entries pertaining to XTU then reboot.

Now, before installing the control center again, go into its folder and right click on OEM.ini and hit edit.

Look for the line which says XTU Support = 1 and change that value to 0.

Now when you install the Control Center, it wouldn't install the built in XTU and thus shouldn't cause you any throttling issues.

Papusan and Houzo like this.
  9. Houzo

Reputations:
    First of all, thanks for the reply!
    After uninstalling Control Center, there was no XTU Components in programs & features.
    Autoruns64.exe didn't find any entries when searching for "xtu".
    In OEM.ini, the only entry containing xtu is "SupportXTUFanTable=1". Changing that to 0 and installing Control Center again leads to throtteling. I have the control center set to performance mode.

Which Control Center should i use? I have the one from clevo driver page, v5.0001.1.97.

10. Ultra Male

Ultra Male Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    oh sorry for the incorrect wording I haven't touched a Clevo laptop since 2 years.

You are right setting the SupportXTUFanTable to 0 should install the Control Center with no XTU but if it's still throttling, you may want to increase the VR Current Limits.

What CPU you do you have? It'd be helpful if you put your system specs in your signature like most of us here do.

Go into your BIOS and tell me if you can see any value for VR Current Limit and if there is any undervolting. Should be in the OC section if the Clevo BIOS still has that.

Papusan likes this.