**Official Clevo N870HJ1,N870HK1 / Sager NP6870,NP6872 Owners Lounge**

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Noctilum, Feb 8, 2017.

1. BAD LIFE CHOISES

BAD LIFE CHOISES Newbie

Reputations:
    I downloaded the Windows Home iso using the Microsoft media creation tool last week.

Windows installer recognises the drive, Windows 10 recognises it as a storage drive but BIOS does not allow me to recognise it as a boot drive.

2. roborovsky

roborovsky Newbie

Reputations:
    I've been using the n870hk1 branded from Novatech for like 5 months now. There are good stuff and bad stuff about this laptop.
    The best part for me it's the looks. Elegant , not a bulky flashy thing like the competitors.Also it's pretty light for a 17''.
    My main concern is actually the cooling , those heatpipes on cpu and gpu are way too long and way too small, definately not the best for sure. Also , there is so much wasted space inside the chassis , the actual fans are kinda small and there is no direct vent facing them , just the big one above the cpu/gpu heatpipes/heatplate area. The odd thing in my opinion is that there is no heatsink on the chipset , nothing, just a bare dye.
    With Arctic mx-4 paste , a cooler pad , a slight undervolt in throttle stop (-.115v) and no turbo boost ,in a ~22C degree room I'm getting about 75C on cpu and 84-85C on the gpu while gaming. That's a little high in my opinion. And I'm not talking about heavy load games , I'm mainly playing Fortnite , and esport games. Not even going to get into synth benchmarks values.
    The fans curve is slightly off in my opinion, they don't spin too much untill it's like too late , and even then i think they are not spinning fast enough. I've been trying to enable the overclock fan profile in Control Center , but with no succes. Anyone knows how to do it ? Tried the mtlanguage line adding , and the xtufantable in oem.ini . Did anyone manage to get better temps in any way? Been thinking about the liquid metal thermal compound , apparently it's doing miracles , but im worried about it leaking during transport in a backpack.

3. roborovsky

roborovsky Newbie

Reputations:
    How can I enable that overclock fan profile ? I can't find it in control center , it's just automatic , maximum and custom.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Tweaker

Reputations:
    you need to overclock a little bit for it to appear if it doesn't

5. roborovsky

roborovsky Newbie

Reputations:
    Overclock the cpu or gpu ? Does it require a specific program or I can do it with throttle stop for example ?

Well , apparently I can't overclock the Cpu at all , tried throttle stop and intel xtu but i can't change the multiplier. Got the stock Bios , can I unlock it somehow?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  6. roborovsky

roborovsky Newbie

Reputations:
    So , I can't change anything for the cpu . Overclocked the gpu via NvidiaInspector and msi afterburner , but the overclock profile is still not showing. Can you please suggest something else ?

7. roborovsky

roborovsky Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey! Do you still have that modified BIOS? If so, can i get it ? :D

8. Johnny212

Johnny212 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Did anyone know how to fix problem "can't adjust display brightness using hotkey" (fn + f8, f9). My n850hk1 got that problem. I already tried 2 methods:
    1. Disable graphic card driver then uninstall monitor ...
    2. add "KMD_Enable ..."
    None of those works. The other hotkeys work fine, except the brightness hotkey. I even tried clean install the windows, still no luck. I can change the brightness through slider only.

9. roborovsky

roborovsky Newbie

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure it is control center version related , I couldn't do it with the lastest version posted in clevo's download center . Try other version.

10. Johnny212

Johnny212 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Which version do you use right now?