[Official] Car Deal/Bargain Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Motorized Vehicles' started by TravisBean, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colton

Colton Also Proudly American

Reputations:
    While Pontiac vehicles are going for cheap, the insurance rates are going to hurt, because the manufacturer is going out of business, which means less parts and would cost the insurance companies more money to fix the cars. ;) BTW, that's a good deal there. :p

2. allfiredup

allfiredup Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Chrysler may have some heavy discounts, but the resale value is also going to be very low. Especially if Chysler doesn't survive bankruptcy.

I haven't seen any "fire sale" prices on Pontiacs yet. They plan to continue producing some models thru 2010, so there will likely be better deals on them next year as the end nears. Their resale value will take a hit also, but GM guarantees that parts availability and warranty coverage won't be an issue. GM still services and repairs Oldsmobiles and the discontinued the brand in 2004.

The difference is that there are a few Pontiac models that are actually decent vehicles (G8, Vibe). I can't say the same for Chrysler. :eek:

3. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
  4. TravisBean

TravisBean Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    ^^^^ Turns out to be an internet typo. I called the dealership and they said those prices were only for "Fleet" government vehicles, and should have never been released to Auto Trader. I guess that gives us a ball-park figure of what it actually costs to manufacture a Focus.

5. Levenly

Levenly Grappling Deity

Reputations:
    any ideas on mopar vehicles right now? with the dodge dealers shutting down, what happens to their warranties if chrysler goes under? will fiat hold them up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.