*Official ASUS W90Vp Owners' Lounge*

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Vicious seems to be very stable at 2.75 . Farcry2 Ultra high ? ya its a no brainer for this machine . average frames at those settings when i ran the long benchmark are somewhere around 45 fps cant remember off hand.

2. djgiron

djgiron Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Ok, thanks Vicious for the emailed stuff. Now just need to know what all drivers to dowload from AMD? Just the display driver, or the one with the CCC package? I just found out my 500GB will ship in a month . . . forunately i dont have over 360GB of stuff to load up yet :)

3. dondadah88

dondadah88 Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    was that farcry2 with the qx9300. i got alittle more with higher resolution. the screen shot is in the sign.

4. Mugenski

Mugenski Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Alright so my laptops been ordered finally :D just a waiting game now. There anyone else thats attempted some setfsb overclocks on the q9000. I want to know for sure if the 2.75 barrier is ram limited or if its something just related to chip stepping or the need for moar voltage. Would love to push this chip to the 3-3.2 ghz range. On that note does anyone have the timings of the stock ram out of curiosity, at 800mhz (pc6400 speeds) Anyone care to check?

5. dondadah88

Reputations:
    i think crossfire wasn't working when you did the benchmark what driver were you using when you did it. one easy way for find out is to check your temps for your gpu's to see if it is close or try a different driver.

6. Quadzilla

Reputations:
    Last time i ran the benchmark it was on 8.12s before i was able to load the new drivers . I had john send me his FC2 benchmarks for comparisons sake but never got around to actually benching it again since then. Either way be it 45 or 90fps its more then playable and i think thats all he wanted to know. Ill have to run some benches on it later when i have more time to sit thru ranch long .

7. dondadah88

Reputations:
    yeah it takes forever. i press run benchmark and leave it for a while. just post them up when you get a chance.

8. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    yes friends... if the game is getting 30 plus frames while playing...then it's considered playable.
    60 fps with vsync on and the game is considered fluently playable (personal opinions)

9. martins2012

martins2012 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Thank you quadzilla, My last graphics card was geforce 5950 lol. I can't wait to test some HD videos I have at home. I was thinking in sending them to you to see the performance before I buy it, But now, I bought the A1 already so I hope it will be able to play. The videos are MP4 1280 x 720p 60fps 12mbps, and the 1920 x 1080p 60fps and 1920 x 1080p 60fps at 24mbps. I've tried on many computer but they can only play the 720p 60fps skipping frames to compensate. Now, Do you think that HD videos like that takes more from the CPU or Graphics card?

10. Quadzilla

Reputations:
    Its going to play everything HD you throw at with out a doubt .All the new HD software these days offloads alot of the work to the cards . As for 60fps cant say ive seen to much 1080p stuff at that speed as movies are encoded@24fps unless you disable the pulldown and have them run at 60hz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.