*Official ASUS W90Vp Owners' Lounge*

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by -=$tR|k3r=-, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla The eye is watching you

Reputations:
    Our power adapter has plenty of room to go and like i said before some companys rate these things way under what there actually capable of and vice versa IE gateways :).My machine and Adapter barely get even warm(even with the new Quad@3.0ghz) after hours of gaming so power aint the issue believe you me its just a voltage thing. As for turbo and 64 bit yep works fine :) so not sure what was up with yours (212) you could always just uninstall the program and reinstall it either from the drivers disc(the white one) or just download it from Asus drivers section . I think the MSI were the ones that didnt work under 64 bit which made 0 sense and they came with 4gigs of ram and 32 bit OS ,Would have made even less sense coming with 6gigs of ram and 32bit :).

Vicious if you have any good ideas about editing the bios or backing it up feel free to pm me or post it here . I read some where with the AMI bios you need to cut off the last 2 bytes of info and edit those as thats where all the info is stored, cant remember all the details of it, was late and i just wasnt ready to wrap my head around that . Im in 0 hurry to go bricking my machine and everything is running to well to go and do something stupid, so i just have to be patient i guess for the moment.

2. E-wrecked

E-wrecked BANNED

Reputations:
    Hope Vic doesn't mod the BIOS like he did the drivers ;) kiddin.. Kinda

3. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    you guys are right. don't know what i was thinking when i typed that. maybe it was the msi thread.

4. rjod0342

rjod0342 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Newegg has w90vp-X1 as a deactivated item now.

Now they have w90vp-X2. 2 ghz quad... basically A1 without blue ray and 2nd hard drive.

I assume X1 will be going to retail chains soon or newegg ended its exclusive rights.

5. JoeCanuck

JoeCanuck Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Okey dokey...I've read through this thread and I get most of it but I do get lost on occasion and I've poured over V. limit breaker guide. I just need some things clarified.

I take it that the ASUS bios has to be tweeked to up the voltage needed for higher stable overclocks of the cpu.

I believe V. has his 9000 o/c'd to 2.75 using setfsb...correct so far?

The video bios change is to allow for the install of the 9.4 drivers...also correct?

How easy is it to flash the video bios back should I have to RMA my machine? (which should make it here by next Friday).

thanks.

6. Quadzilla

Reputations:
    Flashing the bios is a no brainer back and forth for the video cards.

Hopefully eventually Asus will address the lack of voltage going to the Quadcores . As for going higher then 2.75ghz on a Q9000 it might be possible but hard to say till we can get more Volts behind it . Its already a massive overclock though so he may be right at the edge .

7. scubahalo

scubahalo Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Sure would be great if somebody stateside would call Newegg and try to find out what's up with the X1. Anybody?

8. Quadzilla

Reputations:
    Strangely im sorta hoping they do away with the Whole dual core models and focus on the Quad stuff . Buying an A1 and overlclocking it IMHO is a much better move then the X1(I own an X1) is . Plus if you go with Gentech or Xotic youll be able to deal with them directly if you have issues within the first few weeks of purchase compared to the EGG which is like having no help at all basically . If i had to do it all over again the A1 for me would be a no brainer.

9. JoeCanuck

JoeCanuck Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm not too worried about going higher than 2.75...I've been living with a 2.0 pentium m for almost 4 years now. I'm not really doing anything that requires much more at the moment.

On a completely different note, who knows of a good, cheap drive ghost program?

10. Quadzilla

Reputations:
    If you have a seagate drive your machine(W90s come with seagates) then you get acronis free and its called Seagate disc wizard .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.