Official Asus G73JH Owners Lounge

Discussion in 'ASUS Reviews and Owners' Lounges' started by ViciousXUSMC, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Goalkeeper

The Goalkeeper Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    looking to upgrade my ram to 8gb.
    (Is it even possible to go higher?)

which sticks should I go with?

2. aramis109

aramis109 Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Supposedly someone got 16gb running, but it's supposed to only go with 8gb. I would try and purchase the same RAM as what you already have for maximum compatibility.

3. 2 sticks

2 sticks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hey 0100 1010 0101 0011, have you gotten your G73 back yet? I'm about to send mine off to Indiana as well and I know they've had issues with roughing up the laptops in their possession and shipping them back scratched badly with bent keyboards, etc. How did your RMA turn out?

4. flatsix911

flatsix911 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    If you are really intrested in saving money ... check out the CowBoom store owned by BestBuy :)

ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 17.3 Laptop i7 1.6GHz 6GB 500GB DVDRW - Cowboom Store

ASUS G73JH-RBBX05 17.3 Laptop i7 1.6GHz 6GB 500GB DVDRW
    Refurbished: $861.48
    FREE SHIPPING
    Fully functional

5. 2 sticks

2 sticks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nice link! Any experience with how Asus would handle a warranty with a refurbished machine? Looks like cowboom will give you 30 days if you're unhappy; that's not enough for me - mine broke after 3 months.

6. Abidderman

Abidderman Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I have this one. I added a Corsair Nova 128 SSD, and I must say, it is blazing fast. Runs way cooler than I expected, no noticable heat anywhere. I have not upgraded Bios, did clean install of Win7, use the stock HD to store all downloads, TEMP files etc. Have not had any issues to date (about 5 weeks now). I am very happy with this even though I was reluctant to go to a 17" from a 15". Glad I bought this. Let me know if you have specific questions.

7. Chango99

Chango99 Derp

Reputations:
    This is a great laptop, but alas, I'm going to be selling it off because I realized that I'm always using it on my desk. Also, I don't need the power of the 5870... so i'm opting to build a cheaper desktop with moderate components for myself.

If anyone's interested, check my sig. Great price for a G73JH-A1. Retails for 1700$ but i'm selling for 1300$ (some conditions).

8. Justin@XoticPC

Justin@XoticPC Company Representative

Reputations:

You can go up to 16GB of Ram. As long as you go with Major Brand modules you will be ok. If you want to max it out at 16GB don't forget the last module is under the keyboard/wrist pad so you will have to disassemble some of the machine to get to that. :(

9. micman

micman Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I snatched that deal up within moments of seeing it. Got the 7811FX on eBay while I wait for my new G73JH in the mail. The wait is killing me!
    Question: does any current G73JH owner know if the graphics are switchable? In other words, can the 5870 be turned off in favor of using the HM55 Integrated Graphics to save power? I can't find this out online so thought I'd ask all you smart people here. Thanks

10. Amnesiac

Amnesiac 404

Reputations:
    Not on laptops with an i7-720QM or higher.

I can finally properly post in here, lol. Mine just arrived, and I'm typing from it at this very moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.