**** OFFICIAL AORUS X5 V8 OWNERS LOUNGE ****

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by LUCKASS, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutral

nutral Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wait, you were able to get 4,7ghz ? It might be the bios then.

Have you tried setting the turbo boost power limits and time to the stock setting ? That helped with me when it stuck at 2,8ghz. You could also check the windows power settings, if its at long battery life or if the max cpu speed is less than 100%.

I would also be interested in the older bios!

2. AngieAndretti

AngieAndretti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, I tried setting everything back to 100% stock settings in XTU last night. It made no difference. Also tried both rebooting and cold-starting with all settings stock.
    In Windows power settings, max cpu speed is 100%. Normally min cpu speed is 5% but right now I have them both set to 100% for troubleshooting purposes.

I'll gladly share my FB03 Main BIOS backup with anyone who can help me get it flashed!

3. nutral

Reputations:
    Is there any aorus service running on startup ? That might be setting the cpu to something. You could try turning off all applications on startup. I don't really know any other reason.

4. AngieAndretti

AngieAndretti Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The only Aorus service running is the AorusFusionService for the keyboard. Disabling and rebooting makes no difference. I'm quite sure that it's the BIOS.

This is so frustrating - I have a backup of the BIOS that worked so well but it's not "secure" so I cannot flash it. Every trick I can come up with fails:
    FPT for Windows outright fails to run with unexpected error 2.
    AFUWinx64 could flash the file but it refuses because the file isn't secure, even when pasted back into the 16MB main capsule of the FB04 downloaded ROM with UEFITool, thereby replacing the FB04 file's BIOS Region section.
    There are many mentions online of a /gan switch for AFU that supposedly overrides the security check, but I cannot find a Windows version that supports it. I'm starting to think it was only ever supported on DOS versions of AFU.
    The BIOS doesn't allow for CSM mode so I cannot boot a DOS-based flash drive to try DOS-based FPT or AFU.
    The BIOS doesn't offer an EFI shell so flashing from there is out too.

I'm sure an original intact copy of the FB03 BIOS would do the trick, as it would be "secure", but I haven't been able to find that anywhere.
    There's gotta be a way to do this that doesn't involve pulling the BIOS chip off the damn board to flash it!

MiSJAH likes this.
  5. Vadim Goncear

Vadim Goncear Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello guys.
    I accidentally deleted the recovery partition on my Aorus X5 DT v8 laptop. Can someone please make a recovery image partition copy an send it to me? Googled it but couldn't find. Really don't want to send my new laptop to the service centre.
    Many thanks.

6. nutral

Reputations:
    Does anyone know where i can get another power supply and an english/international keyboard?
    I've asked the seller of the notebook(notebook.de). But they haven't responded in 2 weeks.
    For the powersupply, I only have an idea to use a 200w hp power supply (same type number/voltage/current) and convert the tip. But i don't know where to get a converter.

7. genocidew

genocidew Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    i recently bought this bad boy, was wondering how does one back up the factory settings? since am about to change the ssd that came with it, with samsung 970 series.

8. Vadim Goncear

Vadim Goncear Newbie

Reputations:
    I did the same thing to mine. Swapped the SSD with 970 Evo, but forgot to copy the recovery partition. Use the Aomei Partition Assistant to copy all partitions as they are. Could you send me the copy of recovery partition please? Aorus support team doesn't provide any.

9. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:

MendIT LTD.

Address: Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate, Burnley BB12 7BF
    Phone: 01282 418864

Gigabyte's UK authorised repairs and parts supplier.

10. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can always just re-install windows and install the Aorus software from their site and you'll end up at the same exact spot, the only thing you must backup or you'll loose it is the screen calibration profile (they're instructions for that in the forum, you'll just need to backup a single .icc file). I believe Aorus also comes with backup software to create a boot usb, but like others mentioned, you can always clone the drives/partitions to your new drive.
    You can also create a full system backup using things like Macrium reflect, Acronis, or the built in windows utility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.