**** OFFICIAL AORUS X5 V8 OWNERS LOUNGE ****

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by LUCKASS, May 12, 2018.

1. JAnguita

JAnguita Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm a X5 V8 owner too, but I think that the WiFi module it is not the best part.
    Anybody thinking to replace with a Killer 1550? One provider told me that it cannot be replace because the BIOS lock. Is that right?

2. iPoohlio

iPoohlio Newbie

Reputations:
    I replace mine to killer with hid.

3. Christopher Reid

Christopher Reid Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I think the Killer 1535 is a good card but something about this laptop's design hurts WiFi speeds.

In my old laptop, I was getting 15mbps down on a 25mbps connection on the 5Ghz band from about two rooms away from the router.

With the aorus, I was getting horrible speeds two rooms away, around 5 Mbps. I decided to move my setup one room closer and i only get 13mpbs down on the same band.

Donald from HID helped me choose between the 1550 and 1535. I don't remember what he said but I think there were a few features the 1535 had that the 1550 didn't.

JAnguita likes this.
  4. JAnguita

Reputations:
    What card did you add to the laptop?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. JAnguita

Reputations:
    I’m testing Aorus X5 v8 and MSI GE63 to decide which one to choose.
    The MSI is equipped with an Intel 9560 WLAN and downloading from Steam it reaches almost 600mbps (my Internet bandwith). The Aorus never passes 300 mbps.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  6. redax

redax Newbie

Reputations:
    Anyone had the issue of the laptop not being able to shut down after pressing the "Shut Down" button? I'm using the latest BIOS according to the "Driver Update" software.

I've tried resetting boot order, (there isn't any to choose from actually), and the "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface" thing that comes up on Google with no luck.

Help!

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Had to disable "Fast Startup" in "Power Options". Not sure what software was causing this though.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  7. weoul

weoul Newbie

Reputations:
    After applying LM and undervolting reached 85C under 80% of load 3900Ghz 6 cores,at last! TDP around 55W
    Not too impressive but enough for me playing real-time 50fps RAW files from Canon C200 in DaVinci Resolve without throttling.

PS graphic card doesn't infuence on CPU temperature (good!)

8. Zubermen

Zubermen Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi everybody,
    just pulled the trigger on a brand new X5 V8, and found right now this amazing forum, lot of discussion in particular on the thermals, can't wait to get mine! I'm here to ask your help, unfortunately Gigabyte does not more sell laptops to Italy so I bought mine from Germany, the downside will be the QWERTZ keyboard instead of the Italian QWERTY. Is it possible to switch physically the "Y" with the "Z"? And via software? Does Win allow you to remap the keyboard?
    Thanks for the help!! And sorry if already asked, searched but did not find anithing!

9. Svegetto

Svegetto Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I haven't tried to physically switch the keys; it's likely doable but you'd want to be careful to not break the mechanism.
    Yes, you can remap they keys with the provided Aorus fusion software.

10. Zubermen

Zubermen Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks @Svegetto !! Will check as soon as will arrive!!