*** OFFICIAL AORUS X5 V6 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Arvindr56789, Dec 3, 2016.

1. wooshoo1992

wooshoo1992 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you have an external monitor or TV to boot in with?
    Are your fans kicking on?
    Is your Keyboard lighting up?
    I have had issues in the past with another laptop not recognizing its own display but connecting another one worked

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  2. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Shauryya Pratap Mishra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The fans kick but the key board does not light up.
    When I press the power button it shows some hard drive usage on the indicator but that goes out, the device power cycles and then there is no hard drive activity.
    All the while the fans spin without keyboard lights

3. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Are you able to come into bios and Windows safe mode? You know how to reset Nvam on your model?

4. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Reputations:
    Nope cannot get into the BIOS or safe mode.
    How do I reset NVAM?
    I tried to refresh cmos by disconnecting the battery and holding the power button for 10 seconds
    I also did the same when I disconnected the cmos battery just in case.

5. Papusan

Reputations:
    I don't know, but google this for your model. Or ask support where you got it. Maybe check out even in Aorus webpage forum.

6. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Reputations:
    So I went to the only place in India (where I am right now) that can fix any technology related problems, Nehru Place, and here is what occurred.

-> The gigabyte service center outright refused to work on this device since they had never seen the product and didn't have any literature or components on it. They recommended a third party repair center.

->The second repair center did not know what was wrong since all the rails along the components was working correctly but they couldn't figure out why that was so and they sent me to a third repair place

-> The third repair place disassembled the entire laptop and checked to find out what was wrong. In the end, the BIOS chip was so fubar that it couldn't recognise what was on the BIOS chip. There was also a resistor that was pulling down the rails coming into the BIOS. He used an SPI programmer to try and program the BIOS chip with the BIOS. The chip was totally fried.

How can a software update fry the system up so much that it ****s up the BIOS and a resistor?

P.s. can a cpu overclock from c&c cause this?
    P.p.s. can an undervolt from xtu cause this?

7. Papusan

Reputations:
    That Gigybyte service center couldn't help you is sad. They shoud know their own products.

I haven't seen any Cpu overclock and or undervolt is able to do this (Remember the notebook manufacturers gimp the firmware so hard that people can barely oc their hardware). The power Management must been very screwed up to be able to do this mess. At least you found the culprit. Hope it works out for you.

8. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Reputations:
    I don't think that aorus will recognise the fault with their own product. The worst part is I've spent more than half the original price of the laptop getting it fixed again and again and the laptop has been with the rma guys for 40 percent of the time I've had the laptop

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    If everyone stopped buying their broken product then we would see a change. Nothing will happen before that.

10. Shauryya Pratap Mishra

Reputations:
    Prolly beating a dead horse by this time, but calamity struck again!

I was casually sitting and playing Project Cars connected to an external display when the whole system just upped and shut itself up.
    I tried booting up the system and it became a simpleton. After seconds of entering windows, the entire system just flashes a color and then becomes blank.
    I tried re-starting it a few different ways, and it didn't work.
    I pressed F9 for system recovery and was on my way to safe mode when I saw Aorus Smart Recovery. I thought that it would fix my problems since I had a -150mV underclock on the CPU which was stable at 3.6Ghz on all cores at around 86A or something with +100 on the core and +500 on the memory, and a reset of all my windows settings would remove the software OC of XTU and Afterburner.

OH BOY WAS I WRONG!

This bad boy wiped my entire system clean. ALL MY DRIVES!
    It flashed some image of windows onto it and screwed it up even more so much so that I had to re-format all the drives, from a parent computer, and then re-flash windows onto the SSD.

My question is, is it possible to corrupt the OS from SOFTWARE OVERCLOCK!
    and
    Why in the world is there no description next to Aorus Smart Recovery in the F9 menu?