*** OFFICIAL AORUS X5 V6 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Arvindr56789, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Jared_T

Jared_T Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    that reminds me, i have a problem with updating my GPU driver. it hanged after it uninstalled the previous one. Had to do a clean install of windows just to install it and now i'm quite reluctant on installing a new one

2. Flux42

Flux42 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Had a similar issue! Full uninstall using the msi tool in safe mode worked fine though. I also completely stopped using that buggy driver update software.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Jared_T likes this.
  3. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Which USB port on the X5V6 is the fast charge for external devices port?

Thanks.

4. archimedia1

archimedia1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi - i was hoping someone can help me. I just bought my X5 V6 a couple of weeks ago. It was new from a dealer in the UK, obviously the old model but I got a decent deal.
    Generally it's been great but I have noticed that it runs really slowly on battery power - the graphics card doesnt work a full speed and the fans dont kick in even though I have the power settings up to performance.
    Can any give me some advice on this please?

Thanks

5. archimedia1

archimedia1 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi again - another question for anyone out there with an x5v6. From the day I bought the laptop (just over a month ago), the battery wont charge fully - it only goes to about 82% - 89% after which it will say - "plugged in, not charging".
    Aorus have been no help at all, other than saying I have to send it to their repair contractor (MendIt) in the UK (I am in Ireland), which I believe can take weeks.
    I have tried letting the battery drain fully and leaving it charge overnight and the result this morning was a charge of only 82%.
    Some forums mention disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again might work - just wondering how easy that would be, I have already added an SSD so i have taken the back off previously.
    Any advice on this matter of the above one would be great
    Thanks

6. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Free friendly advice from a fellow UK resident - DO NOT SEND YOUR X5 TO MendIT - EVER.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery is a simple connector after you remove the bottom cover.

7. Tonrac

Tonrac Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @archimedia a laptop is not made for playing on battery ... a battery cannot give enough juice to run cpu and gpu at full speed. Playing on battery increase his wear level. Got a P150hm in the year 2011, i played on battery and after two year got a wear level of 30% ...

For disconecting the battery, remove the bottom panel, then you will see near the battery a white connector plugged in the mainboard... you just have to disconnect, wait 15s and then reconnect.
    I will post a picture if it will be accepted by moderator.

8. MiSJAH

MiSJAH Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This is the battery connector:

[​IMG]

Tonrac likes this.
  9. archimedia1

archimedia1 Newbie

Reputations:
    @Tonrac - thank you very much for your advice and the photo, I will give this a try to see if it will help with my charging issue. I agree with you about not using the laptop for gaming via battery only, I just wasnt sure if it was normal for the Aorus not to run at full speed when not plugged in, as my last gaming laptop, an alienware 17 r2 did run at fullspeed on battery power albeit for only a short while.

Tonrac likes this.
  10. archimedia1

archimedia1 Newbie

Reputations:
    @Tonrac - thanks again for your advice - I did as you said and disconnected the battery for about a min - then reconnected the battery - put the lid back - and booted up - when I connect the power adaptor I still get my issue however - 85% available (plugged in, not charging).
    Any other advice would be welcome :)

Tonrac likes this.