Official Aorus X3 and X3+ Owners' Lounge

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by Petrov, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That looks very normal to me. Playing Diablo 3, my CPU hits mid-high 90s and GPU in the 85-86 area typically. This is a gaming laptop, it's expected to run quite hot and this is consistent with most of the more detailed reviews I've linked in the OP.

Hope this helps to ease your concerns!
    P.

2. jaxt

jaxt Newbie

Reputations:
    Petrov,

Thanks for the quick response. It is helpful to know that this is 'normal' for a gaming laptop. It's my first and just wanted to verify that it's what I should expect.

Today is the second time I have had serious wireless connectivity problems and I have seen on other forums, that others are having intermittent issues with the wireless as well. Tech support told me to re-install the driver for the wireless card which I am doing right now.

Have you had any problems with your wireless card?

Thanks for your help!

3. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I've not had any wireless issues. That being said, so far it's only been connected to an Asus AC router.

4. jaxt

jaxt Newbie

Reputations:
    Once I re-installed the drivers it has worked much better. I've been pushing the system to see what to can handle. I have experienced some screen tearing - has anyone else run into this?

5. Petrov

Petrov Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Screen tearing? Have you got vsync turned on in whatever game you see the tearing in?

6. mpscuk

mpscuk Newbie

Reputations:
    Looks like the Aorus will be treated to the 900 series GPU when they are released in mid October, hopefully they can upgrade the 800 series :)

7. sparkle999

sparkle999 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Is that confirmed, or (like me) are you hopeful?! Wondering if any benchmarks for the aorus with the 9xx have shown up or something...

8. Karamazovmm

Karamazovmm Overthinking? Always!

Reputations:
    not a matter of confirmation but rather when it will happen

9. Sonvauser

Sonvauser Newbie

Reputations:
    Recently picked up an X3 Plus to replace my aging (but still great) Vaio Z.

I had two quick questions after my first couple of days of working with the machine:

1. My machine seems to have a bug where it boots with the Number Lock light off when the Number Lock is actually on. If I hit the function key once, it turns NumLock off, then I click it again to turn it back on, then the light comes on as expected. But, the light should be on at boot if the NumLock is on. Can anyone else confirm this on their machine? It's no problem, but it does seem like a bug.

2. Using the Drives Update software, it shows that the installed Nvidia driver is a higher version number than the "Official Driver" listed in Drivers Update. Is that because I allowed the GeForce software to do its own updates? It seems like the is software recommending that I downgrade the Nvidia driver. Do you think it's better to use the Drivers Update or the GeForce software for video driver updates?

Thanks everyone!

10. McDaddy23

McDaddy23 Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes this happened to me too after I used Geforce Experience to update my gpu driver. I figured it would be safer to let the nvidia application manage the gpu drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.