*OFFICIAL* Alienware X Series Owners Lounge and Discussion

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by HaloGod2012, May 11, 2021.

1. Flying Endeavor

Flying Endeavor Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I believe I did, since again, the selection process of the technicians they hire here is already quite stringent as compared to where you are from. They would of course select individuals who are capable of performing the repairs and services they need to maintain operations. I have even linked articles and job postings to support that. I have also linked the very Definition of "Trained Professional" as defined by an external third party website.

And I am arguing that the standards may be different from your region and mine. As I stated, they are stricter here given there are way too many people and not enough jobs to fill, hence why they are able to get Engineers themselves to work under them. And of course, I would get someone who passes the entrance exams, as all companies here do. They would already be getting knowledgeable individuals to do the work (IE, with proper educational backgrounds), and also provide them with additional instructions on how to do these properly for their laptops in particular. (Training and Rapid Courses) That is by definition is already fitting of the "Trained Professional" part at least for me.

Also, again, different standards. For me, the service Dell provides is swift and quite efficient given most other technical services here takes weeks, and even months to fulfill. Even local based ones takes multiple weeks to get themselves sorted out.

https://www.yugatech.com/toys-gadge...9b4c34ee47ed6eb5a8e8156cc1252#comment-1899824

"The least a store can do is receive your item and then refer it to the distributor. This is the reason why sometimes it takes weeks before your product is inspected, repaired, serviced, replaced and returned. Depending on the capacity of the distributor, pick-ups and delivery to that store may only happen once or twice a week."

Things operate differently here, what is Slow for you is fast here. Most retailers here would still have to send the device in a regional service center (sometimes) in another country for it to get serviced, and that might even take weeks or even a month or so before it returns to you. Whereas with Dell, they send the technicians right at your doorstep and they not only do the job properly, but they also do it expeditiously.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  2. B0B

B0B B.O.A.T.

Reputations:
    What's obvious to me is rarely the case as shown by my comment section. Then several months/years later those with the tech, begin to voice their vocal thoughts and concerns about it. Then later, BIG Channel "X" makes some video about it.

It took over 5 years for the big dogs to talk about how the Jaguar Cores in the PS4 were responsible for holding back the system and I was talking about this well before the system came out. When it comes to CPUs, if I sound confident, then trust me.

3. Flying Endeavor

Reputations:

Oh wow, fancy seeing you here, Sir Bob. Love your YT videos btw.

B0B and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  4. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Well you always sound confident. So guess I should always trust you. :p

B0B and etern4l like this.
  5. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I don't care about your country's standards as I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing the merit. It does not matter where in the world you exist an open book exam is worthless because of the fact its open, just like any other training institution like comptia, Microsoft, Cisco, Linux etc etc exactly none of them are open book because they desire for their training and credentialing to be worth something.

Also the fact that you refuse to answer a simple hypothetical is quite telling, as it gets to the heart of the matter to which I am pointing out. If you want to reiterate that you are trying to point something else out that's fine, but I'm not going to be dragged into defending points I never made.

Answer the simple hypothetical and conclude this conversation as it boils down everything quiete neatly. Refuse and that is it's own tell.

etern4l likes this.
  6. Flying Endeavor

Reputations:

I did answer your questions however. I will of course choose the person who passes the exam, and to add to that, someone who actually is capable of performing the work that needs to be done, and fine, not open notes. But that is exactly that, I have already spoken to the Dell Tech Rep that serviced my laptop, and he said, the questionnaires he had to answer after the Dell seminars he attended were NOT open notes. I also added to my statements that the companies in my country chooses more qualified individuals to be their field technicians, since there are way too many people applying for the same jobs. Again, stricter Application process. Too many people applying, not enough jobs to fill. Even when they apply to the job postings for the third party repair center alone, there is no open notes to that.

See why I keep bringing my country's standards. Cause companies here do not have enough job vacancies for the amount of people applying so they have the luxury to not only pay people less based on the qualifications, but also, select people more stringently. Hence why they are able to get actual engineers to do the job. Again, pointing to the job listings alone should give you a clue on the requirements just to apply for these companies. (Bachelors Degrees any computer related course as minimum for most of them).

So yes, they are Trained Professionals, in my books as well as pretty much the definition of the term.

Now, let's go about your definition of Trained Professional.

By that alone, the DELL technicians that serviced my laptop are Trained Professionals. I did not have to worry about whether or not it won't turn on after they were done working on it. In fact in the last repair session I had, we went straight to benchmarking after the technician was done and if there are any other concerns with the system that I might have missed. And sure enough, there are none. Again, I might have missed. Since I was the one who did the troubleshooting and reported my findings to Dell in the first place. It is quite possible since I am NOT trained for this, then I might have missed something. Like in the case in 2019 wherein I made the mistake of informing Dell that I had a broken motherboard, and they sent in a technician (with a trainee) to "fix" it. So again, these guys did nothing wrong, it was my own mistake. They did their jobs well, and without any fault that I could see, and even fulfilled a secondary request of mine by applying thermal solutions that I personally provided to them.

Let's go back in 2019 when I had the motherboard replaced, the Technician Dell sent even brought in a trainee to observe how the motherboard would be replaced, in which I would assume as part of their on-the-job training. Sure, he did not get a hands on, but he did get a first hand look on how it is done.

7. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    And were done here.

8. Flying Endeavor

Reputations:
    Indeed. I hope you bothered to read the rest of the post. Cause even by your definition, these guys are still trained professionals. ^^

9. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    I can speak for myself, dont need anyone to reinterpret for me. :)

Now if you want my login info so you can speak for me thats another topic of discussion.

Tenoroon likes this.
  10. Flying Endeavor

Reputations:
    Right.. Okay then. So the folks who serviced my laptop, they are not trained professionals? Even with your personal definition of the term.