*OFFICIAL* Alienware X Series Owners Lounge and Discussion

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by HaloGod2012, May 11, 2021.

1. cym104

cym104 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
  2. Rocktaze

Rocktaze Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The RTX 3080 and 11980HK CPU options are back on Dell website.

3. JinTexas

JinTexas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    So I guess their are advantages for using Dell credit for additional discounts then paying it off immediately. Dell just increased my credit $1000 without me asking. Ironic that they are obviously loosing revenue from the cost increases which result in loss of sales so they are trying to tempt purchasing by increasing credit.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  4. JinTexas

JinTexas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Not for the X17

5. Rocktaze

Reputations:
    it is for me, it wasnt there a couple hours ago

[​IMG]

6. Rocktaze

Reputations:
    Dellcares on twitter told me on the 25th of september that my system was in the "Final stage of being shipped out of factory" and that it was currently "Being tested by engineers" and is moving to the ship stage very soon.

Today they again wrote to me and said the order ships date remains good for the 11th of november and that they will keep me updated if anything "Changes"

So i decided to write an email to Dell customer support directly and this was their awnser :
    "As I have checked with the manufacturing team, the orders for the Alienware system are on hold due to the limited supply of parts and they are working on the same to get the parts procured. Once the part is available the orders will be shipped out in first in first out order."

My revised date is 11th of november, if they don't ship it by than, i'll be cancelling my order.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
  7. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    So my right speaker distorts and makes a nasty resonating sound during specific tones. It goes away right when I push the corner of the laptop near the speaker. This means it’s not a bad speaker but vibration right? Anyone know how I can fix this? I added more cushion tape around the speaker but it made it much worse so I’m back to nothing.

8. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    The speakers are held in place by little red/orangeish rubber donut looking things. Check to see if they are properly seated. If it's not that, check the surface of the actual speaker as I've seen a lot of little metal C clamps stuck to it (magnetic) on multiple X17 units. Those metal C clips are the washer piece for the lid screws. That was affecting the sound on some of the systems that I've seen, including my personal unit.

HaloGod2012 likes this.
  9. iunlock

iunlock 7980XE @ 5.4GHz

Reputations:
    I had to dig to find this post lol as search was acting weird when trying to find it. How's the dock working out far? I was looking to order one since I need to plug in my HOTAS Set up (Joy stick, Throttle and Rudders) and other stuff which exhausts the HUB's that I'm currently using. iirc you were deciding between a few HUB's and was wondering if there was any particular reason you chose to go with this one specifically?

Thanks

10. HaloGod2012

HaloGod2012 Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    What does everyone keep their fan profile at when gaming? I keep mine at performance, but that lets the GPU hit 83C max. Full speed fans is a little too loud, so I’ve pretty much accepted 83C on the GPU as being fine and CPU temps hitting the 90s. Vanguard is the only game that hit these high temps.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021