*OFFICIAL* Alienware X Series Owners Lounge and Discussion

Discussion in '2015+ Alienware 13 / 15 / 17' started by HaloGod2012, May 11, 2021.

1. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  2. chewbakaats58

chewbakaats58 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    JinTexas likes this.
  3. Papusan

Reputations:
    You think the OEM will put money in make different machines and send them depending on where you are located?:D Will Dell increase the factory line for different setups? One fits all, brother:vbthumbsup:

4. JinTexas

JinTexas Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    It sucks for those people but reason # 1001 why I won’t live anywhere other then Texas. When their stupid state government makes laws like that it punishes everyone, and doesn’t take into account things like solar energy. In my neighborhood in San Antonio, half the houses on my street have solar panels, and as a result those homes pay very little to the power company each month. Solar energy works very well in places like Texas and even Southern California. My point is that those homes require a fraction of the energy from the power company. This recent development clarifies why when I bought my EVGA 1600 watt T2 power supply a few years ago they said they wouldn’t ship to California. And this isn’t only a Dell issue. If you look at any consumer electronic or power hungry device on Amazon now, a lot of them have disclaimers about not shipping to California. This isn’t a new issue for California. When I lived in Sacramento from 1996-2001 they had brownouts even back then. Ironically they had just finished spending millions on a Nuclear plant less then 30 miles from my home their but never turned it on after completion because of the protests. And another thing. They wan’t people to purchase electric cars but if tomorrow everyone ditched their gas engine vehicles for electric they wouldn’t have the infrastructure to support it. And the truth is that lithium batteries are far more toxic then any fossil fuel vehicle made in the last 20+ years.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  5. ekkolp

ekkolp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Someone at Dell is really dumb. They sent me twice wrong ssd heatsink parts (m15/17 compatible), but not with x17.

c69k, raz8020 and etern4l like this.
  6. Tenoroon

Tenoroon Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I thought this law that was signed was for forcing companies (OEM’s in this scenario,) to use higher effiency PSU’s if the power supply is rated above a certain wattage. If I am right (which I think I am,) then it’s Dell’s fault for using garbage power supplies in their prebuilts. This may force them to use better PSU’s which may improve their prebuilts just a bit more ;)

I originally misread this whole scenario as all of the people reporting on it wanted clicks, so they said things like “several states ban certain PC’s because they use too much power” which is partially false.

raz8020, Papusan and etern4l like this.
  7. Papusan

Reputations:
    Firmware will be equal important to reach the goal. New MB will be needed. And with a locked down bios you can't change it back to what you want. And they won't make a special bios version only for some governments/States. Everyone must contribute to help Dell to reach the goals whatever regulation there is where you live. Less rigide regulation where you live doesn't matter.

You may have seen it. Dell already offer a new custom made thin and slim more power efficient power adapter for the x15. More will come.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    raz8020, Tenoroon, etern4l and 2 others like this.
  8. turilo

turilo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Owners of the X17, how are the fan noises even at idle? I keep reading the fans at idle are still quite loud? If that's the case that might be a deal breaker for me :(

9. werdmonkey4321

werdmonkey4321 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The part number is C99KM if you wanted to tell them explicitly which part you needed. But more than likely it's out of stock.

10. ekkolp

ekkolp Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You can, more or less, 'customize' fan behaviour.
    In low power mode, if I set like this the fans, I can't barely hear them.

upload_2021-7-30_20-29-0.png

Thank you! I'll give them that information.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Starchies and turilo like this.