*** Official Alienware Notebook System Replacement Thread ***

Discussion in 'Alienware' started by Mr. Fox, Sep 3, 2015.

?

Did Dell/Alienware handle your system exchange appropriately?

1. Yes: extremely pleased with the swift manner they handled my warranty service and exchange.

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  2. Yes: pleased with the outcome, but resolution took too long and required a lot of effort on my part.

21 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. No: not happy with the downgraded system I received as an exchange, or there were other issues.

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. No: not happy because my warranty issue has never been resolved and nobody responds to my concerns.

10 vote(s)
    16.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruisin5268d

cruisin5268d Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Battery wear isn’t covered under warranty for your 2 year old laptop and that wear is probably within the normal range anyways depending on how you have used it.

For the temperature issue, it’s been said a million times but once again you need to repaste it.

You’re not going to get a replacement unit for any of these issues. You can contact support for the thermal issues but that’s the only actionable item for them - and all they’ll do is send a new heatsink with an under qualified tech to replace it and slap their **** paste on the dies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0lok and Papusan like this.
  2. ForrestManning

ForrestManning Newbie

Reputations:
    I can't afford to believe you. If you bought a new fridge and it randomly turned off and ruined hundreds of dollars worth of food, you would get a replacement. If you purchased a new dishwasher and the dishes were always dirty with bacteria, you would get a replacement unit. This laptop cost more than the average fridge or dishwasher, and I have lost a CRAP TON of time by this thing freezing, totally endangering my livelihood.

I'm not ready to believe that in 2019 Alienware has that little service and pride to stand behind the product. I bought a 17r3 years ago and had issues with it as well, but luckily was within the return window.

3. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    Failure to accept reality isn’t going to help you.

NO computer company is just magically going to send you a new laptop after two years. Are you even under warranty still? Same with your appliance example - they aren’t going to send you a new unit after two years just because of minor issues that can be addressed (again if under warranty)

Also, batteries wear down. That’s what they do.

You need to come down to reality and temper your expectations. You’re being utterly ridiculous.

4. ForrestManning

ForrestManning Newbie

Reputations:
    Four year complete care warranty until 2021. You're talking out of your ass without any facts.

5. cruisin5268d

Reputations:
    Lol okay guy. I was trying to help.
    I’ve been through multiple system exchanges not to mention I’m a windows engineer. But clearly you know more than the rest of us.

6. ForrestManning

ForrestManning Newbie

Reputations:
    It's ok tiger, you just didn't know the facts. But that's so crazy because as a windows engineer, you must literally know more than the rest of us

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    All you'll get is a free repaste/new heatsink because Cpu temps is out of Dell's specs (97 ℃ for your model). The Bluescreens problems is probably due overheating so this will be fixed with the repaste/heatsink.

Regarding the Battery... If you didn't pay for Extended Battery warranty.... You'll have to pay from your own pocket. Get it before the Dell tech visit you and he will replace the battery for you when he try fix your machine.
    upload_2019-12-3_8-16-0.png

Vasudev likes this.
  8. ForrestManning

ForrestManning Newbie

Reputations:

Thanks Papusan! This is exactly what I was hoping to learn. Yes I have the Extended warranty and am finding out now if it includes battery.

9. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    I mean the extended Battery Service was added long time after the release of your Alienware notebook. In fact last year. And it's not included into any of the standard Dell Premium extended warranty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.